Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jacob is 3rd in PGA TOUR University Velocity Global Rankings
Tiger Boards - Other Clemson Sports
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Jacob is 3rd in PGA TOUR University Velocity Global Rankings

May 23, 2022, 11:43 AM

I didn't realize the updated rankings were already out. It looks like Jacob slipped to third after the NCAA regionals. All he can do now is wait to see where he finishes in the final rankings.

https://www.pgatour.com/university/news/2022/05/20/pga-tour-university-velocity-global-ranking-ncaa-championship.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Schema!!!

May 23, 2022, 11:46 AM

Some Tigers you can always count on . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks Schema!!!

May 26, 2022, 10:50 PM

There is some encouraging information in this article regarding Jacob's changes at finishing in the top five and earning a spot in the remaining KFT events this season.

"Logan McAllister and Jacob Bridgeman are likely to finish in the top-five.

• McAllister’s minimum final average is 1091.
• Bridgeman’s average (1115.87) is locked because he did not qualify for the NCAA Championship.
• For Bridgeman and/or McAllister to drop out of the top-five, at least three players ranked 4th-13th in the Velocity Global Ranking would need to finish 1st-4th at the NCAA Championship, and only some of these combinations would create this outcome."

So, it is not guaranteed, but his odds are favorable.

https://www.pgatour.com/university/news/2022/05/24/pga-tour-university-velocity-global-ranking-to-be-finalized-at-ncaa-championship.html

On a related note, I see that Jacob is on the roster for trying to Monday qualify for next week's KFT event. In the PGA TOUR University rules, it says that players are ineligible to compete in a KFT qualifying tournament. So, I'm assuming that rule is either specifically talking about Q School qualifying or, if it is also talking about Monday qualifying, then perhaps it must not apply once you have completed your final season. Jacob is not the only collegiate senior I see doing this. For example, Ryan Hall is also on the roster and he also failed to advance to the NCAA Championship. So, I have to assume this is the case and that rule is not enforced once your season has concluded or it is only talking about Q school.

Here is what it says.

"All collegiate players will be ineligible for PGA TOUR University (in the current season and subsequent seasons) if such player competes in a Qualifying Tournament for Korn Ferry Tour, PGA TOUR Latinoamérica or PGA TOUR Canada. An exception to this rule is that players in the current season’s Velocity Global Ranking may compete in the PGA TOUR Canada Qualifying Tournament."

https://www.pgatour.com/university/what-you-need-to-know-faq.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Tiger Boards - Other Clemson Sports
add New Topic