Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's time for a change in Clemson basketball...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

It's time for a change in Clemson basketball...

Jun 27, 2022, 10:22 AM

If former players are willing to come out and say things that cast a negative light on our current staff and program, it may be time to ban all former players from campus. The last thing we need, while in the middle of a 12 year total rebuild, is former players, who hold Clemson and ACC records, undermining our staff and their progress. That's why I'm calling on Neff to pull the credentials of all former players and formally label them persona non grata. I would also like to find former record breaking players to go on record stating just how good our program actually is right now. Those players would get their credentials back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Not that there’s anything wrong with a 12 year rebuild.***

Jun 27, 2022, 10:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People forget that it took Dave Doeren 9 seasons...

Jun 27, 2022, 10:30 AM

but look where they are now. These things take time.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Not that there’s anything wrong with a 12 year rebuild.***

Jun 27, 2022, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Not that there’s anything wrong with a 12 year rebuild.*** ]

Still waiting to fund the rebuild so we can get started...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Thinks former Clemson great and current coach are liars.

Jun 27, 2022, 11:22 AM

null

and the athletic department

Jun 27, 2022, 12:29 PM

https://clemsontigers.exposure.co/littlejohn-coliseum-renovation-project

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

63 mil wasn't enough?***

Jun 27, 2022, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Not that there’s anything wrong with a 12 year rebuild.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Just stop. Clemson is top 40 program in terms of

Jun 27, 2022, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Not that there’s anything wrong with a 12 year rebuild.*** ]

financial commitment, we have all the facilites we nee to recruit and win, and Brad is the 38th highest paid coach in America.

AGAIN, we've finished within the top 40 exactly twice in 12 years. The level of coaching is clearly not matching the level of investment.

How would even more money change a thing about the level of coaching? Are you blaming the players??

How long will you continue to hold on to this bogus excuse?

Is this stragerous thinking?

Jun 27, 2022, 10:32 AM

Or is it more tictackatal?

Sorry I misspelled strategerous***

Jun 27, 2022, 10:34 AM

Taradactal

Jun 27, 2022, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Is this stragerous thinking? ]

Are you talking about this guy!

https://youtu.be/h1ZLaCgAH_g

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

That's a Biden-esque solution to a problem right there!

Jun 27, 2022, 10:40 AM

At least you did not suggest all the successful former Clemson players be put in jail.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: It's time for a change in Clemson basketball...

Jun 27, 2022, 10:40 AM

Would you ban a record holder who is a 50 year Heisman IPTAY donor? Just asking.

Not if he/she goes on record…

Jun 27, 2022, 10:47 AM

praising our basketball program.

speaking of bans…..

Jun 27, 2022, 10:42 AM

MODS!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I loved Gilligan's Island!***

Jun 27, 2022, 12:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Pay close attention everyone, because this is what

Jun 27, 2022, 10:49 AM

Gonadorelin addiction looks like.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

You and the Vet meds…again?***

Jun 27, 2022, 12:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2022, 10:54 AM

In just a few more years, all former players who weren't part of the "Great Rebuild" will most likely be either in nursing homes or dead, so this problem should take care of itself.

Jun 27, 2022, 10:57 AM

They ain’t lying, no need to sugarcoat that our current basketball program isn’t worth a beaver d@mn

Maybe Clemson Athletics needs to

Jun 27, 2022, 10:58 AM

add a Ministry of Truth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2022, 11:04 AM

Marshall believes that former players should be involved and helping to recruit top players.

Serious question. Of any of the players he mentioned, which one(s) would any of the current generation know? Doesn't this speak to the fact that Clemson basketball has had very little success in the last 30 years.

Jun 27, 2022, 11:08 AM

Marshall believes that former players should be involved and helping to recruit top players.

Serious question. Of any of the players he mentioned, which one(s) would any of the current generation know? Doesn't this speak to the fact that Clemson basketball has had very little success in the last 30 years.

Maybe Horace Grant…. Maybe.

Jun 27, 2022, 11:10 AM

Who said what?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Jun 27, 2022, 11:15 AM

Sorry i just read the GM story. There is some truth in there.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

One guy pops off

Jun 27, 2022, 11:22 AM

and the Lunatic Fringe takes it as gospel. I'm old enough to remember when Marshall played at Clemson. Would be a stretch to call them glory days. 11 winning seasons in 12 years. Never been done before in the history of Clemson basketball. Y'all need to move on and start worrying about the gymnastics practice facility taking up your football parking place.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are more in tune with Clemson basketball…

Jun 27, 2022, 11:25 AM

than a former player who has his name in the Clemson and ACC record books?

Now even former players are joining the lunatic fringe.**

Jun 27, 2022, 12:35 PM [ in reply to One guy pops off ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m old enough too, and

Jun 27, 2022, 12:39 PM [ in reply to One guy pops off ]

The Cliff Ellis, Barnes, and Purnell years were all so much better in terms of basketball quality and fan engagement, support, and excitement that it’s not funny.

Brownell’s program generates about as much enthusiasm as a fart in an elevator.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ROH inductees

Jun 27, 2022, 1:34 PM

that trash players, coaches, and fellow alumni for $200 Alex.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welllll

Jun 27, 2022, 1:22 PM [ in reply to One guy pops off ]

Horace Grant, Elton Campbell, Dale Davis, Sharon Wright, along with a few others and a miracle shot from the closest we’ve ever been to the final four. So yeah, when has it ever been better in basketball at Clemson?

Re: Welllll

Jun 27, 2022, 3:11 PM

How many current recruits have a clue who they are? That's the issue. This isn't the early 90s.

As an Ex players under Coach Ellis

Jun 27, 2022, 11:50 AM

and in an effort not to get doxxed by the trolls on is board, I am not going to tell you what position I played, but I went up against the likes of Cris Whitney and Sharone Wright in practice, and I can tell you without a doubt that they were much better players than what we have now. At 47, I could probably still take any current player in a game of horse., whereas at 20, it was 50/50 with the aforementioned players.

Wow, color me impressed!

Jun 27, 2022, 11:56 AM

Who gave you the most trouble over the years in a game of horse? Or was it more of a TBalm vs TBalm mentality, where nobody could beat you if you played your game? (Similar to Dabo Swinney's approach to every Clemson football game)

Balm be like….Sorry cuz, that’s an H.

Jun 27, 2022, 12:08 PM

Re: Balm be like….Sorry cuz, that’s an H.

Jun 27, 2022, 1:38 PM

I would like to see Sharone Wright try that.

Grayson was a loudmouth arrogant punk!

Jun 27, 2022, 11:53 AM

That’s why the 80s were so great! Guys were guys back then. Not a bunch of beta male soy boys!

Grayson always had a smile on his face and being loud and talking smack and making people laugh. I loved being around Grayson. He was really good friends with guys on the football team and we hung out a lot during summer school. He was especially close to KB (The OG KB, not Kelly Bryant, lol)

I believe the current state of our basketball program

Jun 27, 2022, 11:59 AM

is lacking the right amount of loudmouth arrogant punks. Hopefully someone in the building recognizes this.

Great point, and Go Tigers!

Judge Keller & Brad B ain't gonna light this post!

Jun 27, 2022, 1:58 PM

Bye!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's hard to recruit and put that kind of mentality to work

Jun 27, 2022, 2:40 PM [ in reply to I believe the current state of our basketball program ]

here under Brad's MO. He has a wimp factor of sorts that keeps our team's passion in check, and too often leaves him coaching scared, which is a big factor IMO in how consistently we lose close games, year after year. I don't know that we've ever had what you would call a physical team under Brad except maybe Year One with OP's players. We've had a physical dynamo like KJ, but not an overall physical team that I can recall.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't think we are a tough, physical team under Brad?

Jun 27, 2022, 3:17 PM

Do you actually watch the games?

I'm not being mean, but one thing you can always count on with Brad's teams is that they play their tails off until the final buzzer. They do that through hard work and a willingness to keep fighting.

People have a right to disagree with Brad about strategy, time outs, etc., but not recognizing his teams' toughness and high level of effort is unfair.

Proverbs 16:18

Re: You don't think we are a tough, physical team under Brad?

Jun 27, 2022, 4:56 PM

JK, not being mean back, but are you intentionally mischaracterizing what I stated above or just ignorant of the difference? I said nothing about our players' toughness. I stated that we have not had what one would consider a 'physical' team under Brad, which your reply did not address at all. This is an MO of yours to twist meanings, ignore the substance, then go off on a tangential put down in lieu.

Like you and many others do often, I do not disparage our roster or the players Brad has recruited into the program via the 'we need better resources to get better players' mantra. I've stated numerous times that he does okay in that area. You've got to be tough to withstand the frequent coaching missteps in tight contests, poor preparation for post-season play, and overall lack of passion and identity that is the Brad. None of this, of course, addresses Brad not fielding physical teams throughout his time here, which he hasn't. I don't know that his persona is capable of doing so.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn’t twisting anything you said.

Jun 28, 2022, 9:09 AM

That’s how I interpreted your post.

My apologies for not understanding.

Proverbs 16:18

Many more appearances on MBGenieasses and we

Jun 27, 2022, 2:52 PM

are going to lose our #1 ranking.

Please take this post down right now. Final warning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Jun 28, 2022, 8:39 AM

Really ??? Cancel the very people that Understand what Clemson Basketball in its Best Days look like? You're right it is time for a change in Clemson basketball, but it's Not what you suggest. Brad Brownell may be a Great Person, but that's Not what Clemson pays him to be. Just a history of Clemson reminder, Danny Ford was almost fired after his second full season, but look what happened in 1981?
And the rest of Danny's time @ Clemson.
Brad has already logged 12!!!! Years and how many Championships? I'll answer that "0"
Brad gone is the change and I will bet you that this time next year if not sooner, Brad will mutually agree to leave

Are you suggesting former players are more in tune with...

Jun 28, 2022, 9:01 AM

our basketball program than fans on this message board?

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic