Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's like the offense has never played football before...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 708

It's like the offense has never played football before...

Sep 19, 2021, 6:17 AM

I'll start with a couple disclaimers. I think the defense is elite this year. I would even say they still have potential to be better than the power rangers season depending on if the offense can take a little pressure off of them.

Also, I'm not one to jump the gun. The Georgia game baffled me and it still stings. However, I wasn't saying let's fire everyone down to the popcorn vendors.

After 3 games, things should start to get better and the offense should be able to get into a groove. These are college kids and most of us have no idea what it takes to play on that level. The main concern for me is how nervous DJ looks and plays. Anyone can see it. Especially upcoming opponents with a pulse. Firing the ball at 90 mph every throw is understandable at first, but geez. Not saying that's all on him. Obviously there are some OLine issues.

So, why? Is he playing nervous because the OLine can be a floodgate?, doesn't understand playcalls, trying not to get hurt, doesn't have faith in his receivers, too focused on not making a mistake? I dunno.

Playcalling can be baffling as well.

As the coaches say, it's tough to win games. Agreed. However, (also as the coaches say) control what you can control. These teams don't need us to help them. They have been motivated for years to try and knock off the conference bully. I can't figure out how now that we are actually getting top 3 recruiting classes, things seem to be tougher than when we had the scrappy top 20 classes.

For those saying fire TE, who do you replace him with midseason and why?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 708
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic