Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's high time to move on.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

It's high time to move on.

Dec 7, 2022, 11:16 AM

Somehow we need to put the DJ/Cade/Dabo is a liar and lacks character arguments behind us and behave like adults rather than spoiled children who are still whining about having to eat their peas before they got cake at supper yesterday.

I have seen no consideration given to the speculation that starting DJ was the only way to push Cade to be his best. Has anyone considered that Cade may have needed a hard push to go from 180 lbs to ~200 and refine his talent to the max?

The kid never lost a game and walks into one of the most competitive programs in the nation. It's possible that Dabo started DJ to keep Cade hungry and make him prove he belonged rather than crowing him King before he progressed to his capability.

I'm not suggesting that Cade wasn't giving it all he had, just that we don't know. Dabo won't tell us and he shouldn't have to.

This thing is over. DJ is gone. Cade is our starter. It's time to figure out what satisfies you without calling our HC a liar in public.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's high time to move on.

Dec 7, 2022, 11:18 AM

I’ll second the motion

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2022, 1:03 PM

We need the absolute truth! Cost the other players at another shot at NC. It is a big deal!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2022, 8:15 AM

No way CU is National Championship worthy this season. Pretty darn good, yes. Chance to go 12-2 is great. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, you were stuck on 666 and out of fear that...

Dec 7, 2022, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: It's high time to move on. ]

you'd put a mark on my hand or forehead I took your power by TUing your post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2022, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: It's high time to move on. ]

Harrumph!!! Harrumph!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Me three…

Dec 7, 2022, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: It's high time to move on. ]

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

did some 1 say

Dec 7, 2022, 11:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You sack?

Dec 7, 2022, 11:32 AM

I haven't joked a smoint in years.

and always consider the poster and their pulse alot of these

Dec 7, 2022, 11:32 AM

posts are from posers from rival fanbases looking to rile up the tiger fanbase.

Not all.

Dec 7, 2022, 11:37 AM

Some of our most faithful Clemson brothers feel slighted by recent events. At times I've thought 'How could this be!'

I prefer to think 'How could this be?' and remain open to the possibility that I will never know so I must lean toward believing that Dabo did exactly what he thought was best. Otherwise, I'd have to resort to thinking Dabo didn't do what he thought was best. That is a dark place where I can visit but I refuse to reside or dwell there.

Dec 7, 2022, 11:59 AM

What else would we talk about?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We haven't tried to fire anyone all week

Dec 7, 2022, 12:02 PM

FIRE NEFF FOR NOT FIRIN' ANYBODY!

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!***

Dec 7, 2022, 12:04 PM

Dec 7, 2022, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: It's high time to move on. ]

Good point. We might consider addressing the issue of having the best college QB since TL left for the pros.

Dec 7, 2022, 12:04 PM

True but then someone is going to point out that he should have been playing all year and so it goes. This one is going to die a slow death

Yep. Time to flush these wieners.

Dec 7, 2022, 12:03 PM

GO TIGERS

Dec 7, 2022, 12:19 PM

I'll also 2nd this motion. We need to move on regardless, but we must also realize that there's always more going on behind the scenes than we're aware of. Any of the following can be true and part of Dabo's motivation.

-Maybe the coaches were concerned about CK's size and if DJ left the way Kelly Bryant style if a move was made earlier in the season then we'd have a true freshman starting with only Hunter Johnson as a real option behind him. Remember Watson got hurt 2 separate times during his freshman season. By the time DJ had played 5 games he was actually playing really well.

-Maybe CK was struggling to pick up some aspects of the playbook, struggling to read certain aspects of defense, or struggling to remember the blocking assignments of his OL. The last part could not only negatively impact our offense but could also risk injury. I have no idea if any of that is possible, but I only point out that there's more to "being ready" than just pure talent.

-As far as we know maybe CK ran the wrong play during the ND game when he threw the pick 6. Or maybe he had shown a habit during practice of taking careless chances with the ball and that was something the coaches wanted to see him improve on before putting him on the field more.

Again, none of what I typed above may be true, or maybe there's other reasons I didn't even consider. All I'm saying is we likely will never know what all was going on, but I think we can all agree there could've been more going on beyond the coaches just being stubborn and not giving CK a fair chance.

I do not believe we will ever know why or how...

Dec 7, 2022, 12:29 PM

DJ kept the starting job. I think it's great to speculate if our speculation doesn't look like cheap shots at our coaches.

Dec 7, 2022, 12:58 PM

I dont think calling people spoiled because they are upset will get them to move on. They will dig their heels in more to make their point heard. I think thats the real problem.

If you truly want to move on we all need to….

1) validate that it sucks we lost to south carolina. No one likes it. It does look like if different decisions were made there could have been a chance to get 2 more points and win the game.

Also validate that even as far back as the spring game you could tell cade had the “it factor” and perhaps should have been tried more during the season/given more reps.

2) accept as Fact:
Decisions dabo makes impacts how the team performs.

Dabo probably has a valid reason to make decisions as he loses incentive money if we dont make the CFP. Dabo will make bad decisions. He is human.

Other people did bad in the SC game too. Turning the ball over again and again will lead to a loss even if its TL back there.

3). Realize that the future looks brighter now than it did after the SC game. If cade had not played in championship game and looked so good, there would be major questions going into next year. Instead he looks good and hopefully improvements are being made.

The future feels a lot brighter now (at least to me). Hopefully cade does well in the OB and everything is great going forward.

Dec 7, 2022, 1:54 PM

“Brilliant” !!!

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are spoiled rotten from our ten year reign of terror.

Dec 8, 2022, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: It's high time to move on. ]

I actually didn't call anyone spoiled. I simply said some are behaving like those who are spoiled. Claiming we are not spoiled shows a complete lack of self awareness. I'll use myself as an example.

I suffered through ~30 years in a football desert and walked three decades in a dry and thirsty land. I never in my life prayed to win a game but once when the cardiologist gave me a few weeks to live prayed that I'd see Clemson win one national championship. I have nothing within me which suggest that prayer had anything to do with Dabo coming to Clemson.

What I know is that God turned the 2 wks into 2 decades and I've seen 2 national trophies brought home not via AP polls and subjective opinion but by objective means through college football's first playoff system. I heard none argue we weren't the best.

I'm spoiled to the soul. If you don't know how spoiled you are then wait, your walk in the desert is coming.

Dec 7, 2022, 1:10 PM

Here here!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The one everyone forgets is you can’t lose the team

Dec 7, 2022, 1:23 PM

DJ was rooming with Brian Bresee who lost his sister and needed a guy who could lift him up.

DJ was a leader and helped Brian through a really tough time. Dabo’s decision was what was best for the team and not losing a bunch of starter to the portal.

Dabo has the pulse on the team and how the leadership and love affect the players as family. If he had benched DJ and he left then Brian would have lost his support system after losing his sister.

The decision to bench DJ during this time had to be tough but trust Dabo in knowing what was right for the future of Clemson Football.

We don’t begin to know how a close family reacts when the top two players/leaders who room together face tough times together.

Dabo did what was right for the family, sometimes winning is losing when looking at the future and how it can be affected.

Thank you Dabo, I didn’t understand why you didn’t play the kid sooner but you have earned our trust as an incredible leader!

I know you did what you thought was best for Our future!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 7, 2022, 10:04 PM

If you guys don't want to hear that our HC misled everyone and cost us a trip to the playoffs -

You could just skip those posts.

A reasonable gentleman might have qualified that statement..

Dec 8, 2022, 5:08 AM

with: "IMO; I believe, or I think."

That's what one does when he takes a guess based on insufficient information to support his theories.

What gets lost here is what he says in public and what

Dec 8, 2022, 6:11 PM

he is saying behind closed doors. I am certain it's way different.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What gets lost here is what he says in public and what

Dec 8, 2022, 6:21 PM

Really not sure how we can beat this dead horse any more. Pretty sure you get no more than we have from Dabo at this point. What is amazing to me is the “Playoff or Bust” mentality that I see on Tnet. The fact that we had a chance at the playoffs at all is due to Dabo and company. No one seems satisfied with ACC champ top 10 finish. After next year we go 12 deep in the playoffs this is a moot point.

PBT:

Dec 8, 2022, 6:27 PM [ in reply to What gets lost here is what he says in public and what ]

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic