Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It would be a bad look for Dabo, so I’ll say it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

It would be a bad look for Dabo, so I’ll say it

Sep 27, 2021, 10:22 AM

The officiating was horrendous and tilted toward the Pack’s benefit ...

I can honestly say that I have never seen a targeting call reversed and then a new penalty called when it wasnt originally called on the field. That was a first.

There were some other doozies too

With online betting gaining prominence, is there a check on officials making online bets ?

Some of those calls were suspect

PS. See Ga State Vs Auburn too

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like the offsides call on Clemson...

Sep 27, 2021, 10:26 AM

when the defender never crossed the line of scrimmage?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Like the offsides call on Clemson...

Sep 27, 2021, 1:02 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes...

Sep 27, 2021, 10:28 AM

they changed (original) targeting call to a late hit call after the reversal. That was really bothersome and should not have happened...Wolffies were holding a lot as well with no calls. Terrible officiating...

Message was edited by: Tater-Bug®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes...

Sep 27, 2021, 10:31 AM

This is partially correct. When they announced the original targeting call, they said it was a "dead ball" penalty. While they didn't explicitly mention it, this implies that there was a late hit--and that they said it was a late hit + targeting. They removed targeting, but it was still considered a late hit.

That call was still a bad one

Sep 27, 2021, 10:40 AM

why did they blow the whistle right as the first defender got there. That was a super early whistle, so how the defender is supposed to stop instantly is beyond me.

The offsides called near the end of the game (when we never crossed the LOS) was bad too.

The thing to ticked me off the most though, is Dabo just shook his head the first 5x we jumped offides on Defense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That call was still a bad one

Sep 27, 2021, 10:45 AM

...and they really missed the obvious "pick play" on the NCS TD. Dave must have viewed our NC game vs AL. This one was even more blatant.

^^^agreed ^^^***

Sep 27, 2021, 11:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then why wasnt it announced before the review?***

Sep 27, 2021, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes... ]

Because the refs wouldn't be able to make-up s**t ...

Sep 27, 2021, 11:06 AM

as they go.

Re: Yes...

Sep 27, 2021, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes... ]

You are correct about the reasoning, but the runner was not down and the official knew that. There should be an understanding that play would continue to a point even if there was an inadvertent whistle. The fact that it was called a late hit makes it even more questionable.

Re: It would be a bad look for Dabo, so I’ll say it

Sep 27, 2021, 10:51 AM

Yes, the officiating was terrible, but it didn't cost us the game. We had a zillion chances to beat them - previous Clemson teams would have beaten that NC State team by 30. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's not good - and I don't see it getting better any time soon.

Sep 27, 2021, 12:55 PM

I won't say it was tilted towards NC State because I know I have orange colored glasses, but if they have as many calls to point to it might have been the worst called game in history.

Sep 27, 2021, 12:57 PM

it was "home cooking" at its' finest!

What about when NC State jumped offsides

Sep 27, 2021, 1:06 PM

and the refs called the play dead. Since when do they call a play dead for the defense being offsides? It's usually called a free play for the offense and DJ had a beautiful 15-20 yard gain on that play and they took it away because of a defensive penalty.

Re: What about when NC State jumped offsides

Sep 27, 2021, 1:20 PM

This doesn't specificallyaddress the dead ball issue but is why the penalty was called.
See d.

NCAA 2021 Rule Book

Offside
ARTICLE 2. After the ball is ready for play, offside occurs (Rule 7-1-5) when
a defensive player:
a. Is in or beyond the neutral zone when the ball is legally snapped; or
b. Contacts an opponent beyond the neutral zone before the ball is snapped;
or
c. Contacts the ball before it is snapped; or
d. Threatens an offensive lineman, causing an immediate reaction, before the
ball is snapped (Rule 7-1-2-b-3-Exception, A.R. 7-1-3-V Note); or
e. Crosses the neutral zone and charges toward a Team A back (A.R. 7-1-5-III)

I think that is a very picky call when the player only jumps but doesn't cross into the dead zone.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2021, 1:06 PM

Not defending the refs because there were some really bad calls, but I believe the original call was late hit with targeting. However the idiot forgot that so when targeting was overturned he forgot to enforce the original penalty. Either way he's ended up looking like an idiot.

As far as the offsides, what I really want to know is how much time State practiced that. The reason we were called is because when we jumped, the State lineman moved. Therefore we were called offsides for causing State to move. Had he remained still, then you're right there would have been no penalty. It took them several tries before they finally got this going. If you remember early on they had quite a few procedure penalties. I thing that was because they couldn't get their timing down. Once they got the rhythm of the hard count and the their linemen moving at the right time, we were doomed, especially once the D started getting tired.

Regardless, we should have blown them off the field even with the penalties.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic