Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there any sort of “look in” on the ACC 50 year TV deal?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Is there any sort of “look in” on the ACC 50 year TV deal?

Aug 18, 2022, 12:00 PM

Just heard president of AAC say they have a long term deal but they have “look in” periods where they can renegotiate if need be.

Seems to me that in light of losing Big10, that ESPN would want all of its remaining products to shine and compete. Outside of SEC, the ACC provides ample opportunity to be a strong product. Surely the powers that be know that more money will be needed in order to remain relative. Why pay money for a product that will diminish?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is NO WAY Swofford was that forward thinking.***

Aug 18, 2022, 12:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: There is NO WAY Swofford was that forward thinking.***

Aug 18, 2022, 12:54 PM

While i despised Swofford as much as the next guy he did not agree to the TV deal by himself. The college presidents and ADs had to approve the deal so there is plenty of blame to go around.

Aug 18, 2022, 2:59 PM

Swofford and the ACC put the pressure on ACC schools to quickly sign a TV deal -- to get something anything from ESPN. A desperation deal that ESPN took advantage of ... with terms the SEC would not agree to ...

But you make a good point. Clemson could have brokered an addendum to the deal that took into account Clemson carrying the ACC over this past decade. We lacked the foresight and were not sharp enough to do that. Monday morning quarterbacking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2022, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: There is NO WAY Swofford was that forward thinking.*** ]

And prior to that no one could've predicted what happened to football at FSU, Miami, and V.Tech.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Is there any sort of “look in” on the ACC 50 year TV deal?

Aug 18, 2022, 3:05 PM

Yes, there are look in "windows"- They work like this- ESPN decides if they want to pay more for the same product. The answer will likely be no.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2022, 4:36 PM

ClemTig®
At the end of the day is Clemson with more to ESPN in the SEC or ACC? ESPN actuaries and senior management will decide that and follow through accordingly. That's my take anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2022, 5:56 PM

The AAC is going to get a raise? The only thing they are getting is further behind the Power Conferences.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic