»
Topic: Is Don Munson writing the softball stories.
Replies: 7   Last Post: May 16, 2021, 12:10 AM by: tigerband1®
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

Is Don Munson writing the softball stories.

Posted: May 15, 2021, 6:30 PM

Final score showed up in the next to last sentence in the story.

link

Re: Is Don Munson writing the softball stories.

Posted: May 15, 2021, 6:48 PM

plus over use of the word "offering"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg link

[1]
Posted: May 15, 2021, 7:59 PM

I like Don and I am certain he is an outstanding dude..:but I for the life of me cannot understand why Pete Yanity isn’t the lead guy.

military_donation.jpg link

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Posted: May 15, 2021, 8:20 PM

Because Dabo wanted a full time Clemson announcer I believe.

link

Posted: May 15, 2021, 9:08 PM

“The No. 13-ranked Clemson bats went cold on Championship Saturday, dropping the ACC Tournament Final to the Duke Blue Devils, who won the championship in just the fourth year in program history.

Despite out-hitting the Blue Devils 3-2, the Tigers were unable to string any hits together and push any runs across home plate,

and drop just the sixth game of the season. Valerie Cagle was impressive in the circle, finishing the ACC Tournament with 21.0 innings pitched

and surrendered just one run, which came in the sixth inning today.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-softball/update/clemson-softball-loses-heartbreaker-to-duke-in-acc-championship-37996#ixzz6uz9nJYgI

Hmm if only there were enough clues in the first paragraph for the reader to divine the score. It’s almost like one of those super tough word problems they put on standardized tests in the 3rd grade.

link

you'd have to know that college softball is 7 innings

Posted: May 15, 2021, 10:04 PM

and that the other games this week went 7 innings. If any went extra innings then it's possible that the run she gave up in the sixth wasn't the only run given up today. Someone else could have relieved after that run and given up another. I do think it's kind of a fun idea to make it a puzzle to figure out the final score though. Leave it out of the story altogether and see if we can guess what it was, like was done for the game last Friday before the story was corrected. No cheating.

link

Posted: May 16, 2021, 12:10 AM

Should one really have to solve a word problem to discern the score in a sport article?

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg link

Posted: May 15, 2021, 9:57 PM

Not sure of the other references but I searched vigorously for the final score.

link

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: For sale: 1 season ticket. Lower deck, north stands, section UM, row H. Seat is close to aisle and e...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1098 people have read this post