»
Topic: Is Clemson The Only Portal Age Team to Win a Natty
Replies: 14   Last Post: Oct 28, 2021, 1:00 PM by: TigersO
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 14  

Is Clemson The Only Portal Age Team to Win a Natty

[1]
Oct 28, 2021, 9:45 AM

w/o having to buy used goods, quitter players?

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

The transfer portal didn't launch until October 2018.

Oct 28, 2021, 9:49 AM

Given that the 2018 season was already at its midpoint, 2019 is the first full portal season. A better reference point will be 2021-forward, post-extension of immediate transfer eligibility to football.

flag link

grats on your anniversary

[1]
Oct 28, 2021, 9:49 AM

people like you who only worked at 1 place until they retire are very rare now a days.. very rare.

My nephew has changed jobs 4 times in the last 5 years. That guy ain't nothing but a quitter but seems to be doing exceptionally well at it.

2021 white level member flag link

Geville Tiger on 2021 football season, "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Lighten Up Francis***

Oct 28, 2021, 9:51 AM

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

Welcome to the NIL Age

Oct 28, 2021, 9:57 AM

Where your depth chart is pilfered by the highest bidder. We've got more ex-Clemson players starting at other schools than Clemson players starting at Clemson (OK, not really).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

The National Champs from 2019, 2020, and yes, your 2021 champ will all have

[1]
Oct 28, 2021, 10:04 AM

Key transfers help them win the Natty. Time to get with the program.

flag link

Before this year, transfers were required to sit out a year

Oct 28, 2021, 10:13 AM

before playing for their new school. So before this year, what was the difference between the transfer portal and players transferring in the past? Was the transfer portal just a name given to players transferring? I read where there will be a May 1 deadline for players wanting to transfer without
sitting out the upcoming season.

2021 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Re: Is Clemson The Only Portal Age Team to Win a Natty

Oct 28, 2021, 10:30 AM

but lets be honest, transfers existed before the portal - if we start at the "beginning of modern next-year eligibility" then that would put us in 2011-ish with the grad transfer rule. No one claimed that Russell Wilson destroyed college football...

flag link

Oct 28, 2021, 10:34 AM

There has always an avenue for transfers, the rules have just changed now with the portal. If you think only washed up players are, or have been in, I suggest you watch Henry To'Oto'O at Alabama play.

flag link

Oct 28, 2021, 12:59 PM

Most of the ready to plug and play transfer already know where they are going and are not really available to other teams. Some or a lot of behind the scenes recruiting going on. Probably illegal but I believe it is happening.

flag link

[1]
Oct 28, 2021, 10:50 AM

Nick Schuessler helped us win a title in 2016 so I guess your argument is shot.

Guess Clemson can only win a title with used goods also.

flag link

[1]
Oct 28, 2021, 10:58 AM

Ehhhh.....If you enroll for a summer session and then "transfer" before the fall semester as a walk on.

flag link

[1]
Oct 28, 2021, 11:02 AM

I just want to know what Nick Shcuessler and David Olsen did to Clemson's culture to make Dabo ban transfers until the end of time.

flag link

[1]
Oct 28, 2021, 12:42 PM

I get your point, but I don't think that is not quite the spirit of most folks using transfers.

Olson only attempted 3 passes as a grad transfer. Realistically, both kid were following the pre-coaching path more so than a competitive playing path. In addition, I think a lot of the pro-portal folks do NOT want us to grab the 5-star head/heart guys

flag link

[1]
Oct 28, 2021, 1:00 PM

I completely agree.

My post about what they did to the culture was completely in jest as they were always lauded as guys who helped mold the positive culture because of their "team over individual" mindset and their hard work with the scout team.

flag link

Replies: 14  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: ACC Championship
FOR SALE: 2 tickets to the ACCCG in section 543, row 1A. Great seats in the front row at the 30 yard line. Mob...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
851 people have read this post