Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is a student athlete still a student athlete when
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Is a student athlete still a student athlete when

Sep 20, 2021, 9:21 AM

they have signed a "Big Bucks" contract? Being a student athlete puts one in a "safety zone" for me. But when they are making big bucks, they can be held responsible - they are no longer "student athletes" when the money is rolling in.

Hey, I didn't ask for NIL but it is here... and all the baggage that comes with it. Coaches are not exempt because they are paid. Should "student athletes" be exempt when they are paid?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Is a student athlete still a student athlete when

Sep 20, 2021, 9:52 AM

Yes if he or she wants to play. They are simply college students with jobs like hundreds of thousands of others.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think his question is ." Are they free game now?"

Sep 20, 2021, 10:19 AM

We use to protect student athletes . Now?

If u make big bucks to play the football, can you be held accountable now, like NFL players?

It probably depends on the school. Recruiting is still recruiting. Bama and UGA can just buy another player. They don't care.

Schools like Vandy still have to kiss recruit booty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I just tested the water with Titleist and Footjoy!

Sep 20, 2021, 10:32 AM

They asked me Not to wear their stuff and are negotiating a
return policy for used items!

Good Luck!

Did NOT go well for me!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

isn't Footjoy one of the people suing Watson?***

Sep 20, 2021, 11:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 20, 2021, 9:55 AM

I think a lot of the NIL "work" is done in the off-season, too. Commercials, etc, seem to have all been shot pre-season. I doubt there will be much NIL "business" to attend to during the season, but off-season is when they will really be able to cash in.

Sep 20, 2021, 10:39 AM

That’s not very different from the NFL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2021, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Is a student athlete still a student athlete when ]

Spencer Rattler disagrees with you. The season can pay off well. Wonder what one gets for beating Nebraska.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/look-oklahoma-qb-spencer-rattler-earns-two-new-cars-in-nil-deal/

I do wonder if NIL contracts

Sep 20, 2021, 9:58 AM

Impact motivation on the field sometimes. If a college player can put more money in the bank during a 4 year period than most non-athletes do in a lifetime, how much do they need the NFL?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo

Sep 20, 2021, 10:13 AM

Happy that players that may have an awesome college career can make their $$$ too.

But let's be real - NIL is REALLY gonna challenge how hungry these athletes are and how stable their inner circle is.

Being potentially a millionaire by your early 20s sounds great on paper (we'd all take it) but how many athletes are going to stay hungry after making the bank?

IMO unless they're coming from a stable, well intentioned household, some of these athletes are going to be mentally challenged even more in a lot of aspects of life so it's going to be interesting to see who and what teams can best balance this moving forward.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For me, it depends on how their grades are

Sep 20, 2021, 10:20 AM

If they can keep up with school and football.. I don’t care how much they make

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope!***

Sep 20, 2021, 10:38 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic