Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m not convinced the committee will avoid a Bama/Georgia semifinal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

I’m not convinced the committee will avoid a Bama/Georgia semifinal

Dec 5, 2021, 8:05 AM

Here’s why I say that. The goal of the CFP is not to find the best team or create the best games. The goal is to make the most money.

Another all southern final would not draw as much interest in other areas of the country as an intersectional final. Many midwesterners will tune out. Pitting Georgia against Bama and Cincinnati against Michigan in the semifinals guarantees an intersectional final.

Just a thought.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The secondary goal is to provide Bama with the easiest path

Dec 5, 2021, 8:13 AM

to the Finals. Bama vs Cincy, Georgia vs Michigan. Fill in the rankings any way you want.

Georgia really double shot themselves in the foot yesterday. They would have had MUCH the easier road to a Natty had they won. But, if they want it, Kirby will have to at some point do what has heretofore been impossible for him, and that is, beat Saban. Because, good though Cincy may be, I do not honestly believe they can hang with Bama for 60 minutes.

And, Georgia is no lock over Michigan, either. Khaki Nation finally realized it was put up or shut up this year. They put up in a big way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m not convinced the committee will avoid a Bama/Georgia semifinal

Dec 5, 2021, 8:17 AM

For that to happen, the committee would have to make some logical and rational decisions. With the way that ESecPN manipulates college football, I’m not sure the committee will be able to apply the same common sense.

That said, I think a UGAy-Michigan match up would be interesting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2021, 8:42 AM

This makes perfect sense, but ESPN wants an all SEC final, and the committee will attempt to oblige.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not going to be an instant rematch

Dec 5, 2021, 8:45 AM

I'm 99.9999999999999999999% positive of that.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2021, 9:11 AM

But don't forget that ESpin owns the SEC, so expect an order that leads up to the "rematch of alllll time." SEC uber alles. lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic