Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m no scout
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

I’m no scout

Apr 27, 2019, 6:24 PM

And not saying Mitch Hyatt, Tre Lamar, it Kendall Joseph should be top picks. But, an OT from Morgan St was just taken. Just don’t understand, these guys have performed well against elite teams. Don’t give me they don’t “fit the bill” with measureables

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mitch Hyatt performed at a much higher level against better

Apr 27, 2019, 6:29 PM

competition in college than a lot of these guys who are getting picked. I get it if they just don't think Mitch has what it takes, but what on earth makes them think these other guys do?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Mitch Hyatt performed at a much higher level against better

Apr 27, 2019, 6:35 PM

A thousand thumbs up!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mitch Hyatt performed at a much higher level against better

Apr 27, 2019, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Mitch Hyatt performed at a much higher level against better ]

Mitch Hyatt is the most decorated OL in Clemson history. He achieved that against the best of the best of the best. 3 time All ACC, 2 time All-American...........but the dude from Morgan St is better.........riiiiiiiiiiight...........and Warren Buffett calls me for investment advise.

Re: I’m no scout

Apr 27, 2019, 6:42 PM

You have to wonder why no draft analysts or NFL teams think it is odd that he hasn't been picked. I would like to hear why they didn't like him? It might have been good for him though. Now he can pick his opportunity.

Apr 27, 2019, 6:58 PM

No way in he77 that some of those players drafted would have started before our guys at the same position for us. They draft way much more on potential and body type than past performance ..... even against stiff competition.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2019, 7:41 PM

Hyatt was a highly rated recruit that never got any better over his career. He was a good OT as a freshman, but he never improved. Being a good player in college doesn’t mean you will be a good player in the pros. It is a completely different game. He has a weight problem, not big enough. His arm length is around the minimum most NFL teams want, they prefer guys with longer arms to be able to handle the pass rush of elite DEs. These are a couple of the issues. Now the new starter at LT for Clemson is an absolute beast and everything they look for in the pros, size, speed, agility, length, and the aggressiveness the pros drool over. If Jackson Carman progresses the way I think he will, I expect him to be a top 5 or higher pick in two years. Don’t underestimate individual talent at small schools. The OT out of Alabama State, Tytus Howard that went to the Texans in the first round may very well wind up being an all pro. Last year against Auburn, one of the best defensive lines in the country was manhandled by Howard. Auburn destroyed Alabama State 63-9, but they had no answer for Howard. He was a man among boys. Against Troy in 2016 Hyatt got worked over like I have never seen in his four years. Troy had two top notch DEs and they really worked him over, especially the first half. The NFL could care less where you are from, only can you help their team.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic