»
Topic: I’m afraid Dabo hasn’t learned anything from Brad about the transfer portal.
Replies: 8   Last Post: Jun 17, 2021, 7:46 PM by: allinallorangeallthetime52®
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

I’m afraid Dabo hasn’t learned anything from Brad about the transfer portal.

emoji_events [6]
Jun 17, 2021, 2:15 PM
flag     Reply

If he keeps signing these four and five stars and retaining them for the most part, where will transfers from let’s say Northwestern or Birmingham Southern fit in?

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg link

Speaking of NW

[1]
Jun 17, 2021, 2:18 PM
flag     Reply

Whatever happened to Hunter Johnson? I remember he got hurt at NW but I feel like I kinda forgot about him since. I was so excited about him when he was at Clemson.

Anyone know what he's up to now?

link

Re: Speaking of NW

emoji_events [5]
Jun 17, 2021, 2:31 PM
flag     Reply

Johnson's mom had a serious illness so he took some time to support her fight. Not sure but he may be back but likely will not have next level opportunities in football.

link

[3]
Jun 17, 2021, 7:43 PM
flag     Reply

This means that we were right about him being a good kid. Nothing is more important than mom!!!!

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg link

Probably doing something successful unlike those miscreant chickenshits

[3]
Jun 17, 2021, 2:44 PM
flag     Reply

In columbia

military_donation.jpg link

[1]
Jun 17, 2021, 2:47 PM
flag     Reply

HJ is up to 1 star now.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg link

[4]
Jun 17, 2021, 4:19 PM
flag     Reply

Actually was reading 247 recruiting site and they had Hunter listed as a potential breakout star that could earn his way into draft. They cited a strong spring. Hope he does well. It was an article on 5 stars who need to step up. XT was also one their subjects.

2021 white level member link

Re: I’m afraid Dabo hasn’t learned anything from Brad about the transfer portal.

[2]
Jun 17, 2021, 2:42 PM
flag     Reply

Apples & Oranges between our football and basketball situation. We can't recruit high-level talent to Clemson in basketball as we can in football so catching some of the talent in the portal is the only avenue for basketball. In football, recruits like the idea that Dabo promotes from within. If kids thought they could go somewhere else and it didn't work out and then they could just transfer to Clemson it would make them think twice about their initial Clemson offer. An offer from Clemson has value when recruits know there are no "do-overs" to get into the Clemson program. It's the same philosophy with JC transfers.

I am glad to see that Dabo has Pearman focused on the portal in case there really is a need we can't fill with our own recruiting but I think it would have to be a very rare occasion that we use it. Even with our challenges at QB it seems Dabo didn't feel he had a good option to bring anyone in from the portal and I'm guessing he thinks at least 1 of the 2 QBs (Chandler or Taylor) that may go to MLB will still stick with Clemson.

link

Re: I’m afraid Dabo hasn’t learned anything from Brad about the transfer portal.

Jun 17, 2021, 7:46 PM
flag     Reply

We should hope that Pearman will be better at that job, than he was with his last one!!!

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg link

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 season tickets in North Stands Lower Deck, section UQ row N and O seats 1 and 3 for sale. These se...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
2396 people have read this post