Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you doubt Duke gets preferential treatment from refs....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

If you doubt Duke gets preferential treatment from refs....

Jan 26, 2022, 8:54 PM

just watch last night's game. Clemson put up over 70 shots, and Duke did not get called for a foul but one time in the entire game. Duke shot 14 free throws...Clemson shot one!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you doubt Duke gets preferential treatment from refs....

Jan 26, 2022, 9:44 PM

Dooky did get some foul calls, but not when the Tigers were in the act of shooting (except for once during the fast break layup by Clemson's Hemenway (sp?) in the 2nd half).
In the first half, Clemson was called for 12 foils vs 6 for Duke, as I recall. More than half the fouls called on Clemson were not fouls -- at least those closely-guarded plays weren't called fouls against Duke.
There were also several similar foul calls in the second half where the Clemson player had position, stood still with hands up and then the Duke player initiated contact while driving to the basket. (I.e., same as the first half). Since Duke made all of those "and-one" FTs, the refs gave Duke about 10 points.

However, this is nothing new. And it will happen again when we play UNCheat and Duke again (if they don't sick-out again).
The ACC basketball officials are charged to get good seeds for Dooky & UNCheat in the March tournaments for more $ to Dooky & UNCheat. That means a disparity in foul calls.
In essence, to beat Dooky or UNCheat any ACC team has to shoot significantly better than Dooky or UNCheat.
I hv watched Clemson basketball for 55 years and the reffing is actually slightly better in the last few years -- but it's still crooked.
Notice how the refs have running conversations with the Dooky & UNCheat players. That doesn't happen for the Tigers on the court.
BB buttoned his lip after the game when questioned about the one CU free throw as he gets fined if he comments negatively. His answer was "It's happened here before."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mike Wood's referee jersey hangs in Cameron

Jan 26, 2022, 9:52 PM

He would do anything for duke as an ACC basketball official

Jan 26, 2022, 9:58 PM

Nothing new to us old guys that have seen it a lot worse at Duke and NC over the years. The power brokers are on the side of NC and Duke

I am an old timer too, however never seen Tigers just get

Jan 26, 2022, 10:38 PM

one foul shot! Ridiculous!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2022, 8:10 AM

Can't disagree one bit. One of Many reasons that I think we should leave ACC. All ACC ever dies and ever has done is screw us. They don't even hide the screwing well.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic