Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you don’t win your conf - you don’t belong in final 4.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

If you don’t win your conf - you don’t belong in final 4.

Dec 3, 2022, 5:17 PM

Ohio state should not benefit from not being good enough to make the conference championship.

All conf champions should go into hat and the committee should then pick the most deserving.

That would make every conf game important.

The sec and sec apologists are the opposers.

This also gets ND into a conference.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you don’t win your conf - you don’t belong in final 4.

Dec 3, 2022, 5:18 PM

I disagree. Some conferences are better than others and some games are close and that is a factor. There could be 2 great teams in one conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then, what's the point of having a conf championship game?***

Dec 3, 2022, 5:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Then, what's the point of having a conf championship game?***

Dec 3, 2022, 5:21 PM

What if your conference champion is 9-3? You will get your wish though in a couple of years when 6 conf champs will get an automatic bid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My point was to NOT have a con champ gm if it doesn't matter

Dec 4, 2022, 11:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

if your confernce is holding you back..leave it***

Dec 3, 2022, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: If you don’t win your conf - you don’t belong in final 4. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dec 3, 2022, 5:19 PM

I disagree. If UGA and Bama were undefeated and one has to lose by a field goal, you can't claim they don't belong in the top 4. If Clemson's only loss was tonight you can't say we wouldn't belong.

Dec 3, 2022, 5:25 PM

They know the deal. That game is basically a playoff game. Elimination. No oopsies or do-overs until you get Bama to win

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 3, 2022, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: If you don’t win your conf - you don’t belong in final 4. ]

You guessed wrong on me. If we did not win the conference, I would say we did not deserve it.

u sold me***

Dec 3, 2022, 5:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yep

Dec 3, 2022, 5:28 PM

And do away with divisions so the best two teams typically play for the conference championship.

Heck, why not scrap a regular season game and have a 4 team playoff for the conference title -- that'd be a wild finish to the year before playoffs.

Re: Yep

Dec 3, 2022, 5:30 PM

That's why in 2024 6 of the 12 will be conference champs.

That's absurd. Being a conference champion should definitely be a tie breaker, but to say what you're saying is crazy. Do you honestly believe Ohio State or Alabama are worse than Kansas State or Utah? Do you think UNC or us could beat them? The simple fact is, strength of schedule has to matter in the current world. Your argument would basically favor a 10-2 Tulane over 11-1 Ohio State. That's ridiculous. There are multiple ways to earn a playoff shot. Beating a top team (like Ohio State beating Penn State) is every bit as impressive as a conference title win against UNC (honestly, more impressive).

Dec 3, 2022, 5:48 PM

It is not a matter of worse or better. It is a matter of deserving. By winning their conference, they deserve it.
Win and in.

If it ends as expected.
1. UGA, will win conf.
2. Michigan, prob win conf.
3. TCU , finishes 2nd in conf.
4. Ohio state, finishes 3rd or 4th in conf and did not have to play.

I want it out of the politicians and sec bias. I want a winner on the field, not a conference room.
Yes, the committee would then choose. I don’t love that, but better that then Ohio state scenario where they back into it. Ohio state had a chance, got smoked.

This also brings the entire country into playoff potential.

Completely disagree***

Dec 3, 2022, 5:33 PM

Sorry but the 4 best teams of the year are the Final 4 and this year that is Georgia, Michigan, TCU and Ohio State.

Dec 4, 2022, 12:27 PM

So TCU can't win their conference but with one loss should be in over a 2 loss conference champ...remember Kansas state losses...one of them to Tulane...USC lost twice to 3 loss Utah and looked. Bad doing it! USC can't tackle! SEC Bama & Tenn. really don't deserve it any more than CCC Ohio State lost to the only good team they played and lookedbad doing it! This is going to be all about the ESPN talking heads and they will go out of their way to ignore CLEMSON the secboys only keep their jobs being loyal!

100% correct. Conference championships should serve as

Dec 3, 2022, 5:38 PM

round the first round of an elimination playoff. No do-overs if you lose. Otherwise, what's the point?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 3, 2022, 5:39 PM

Fun fact only 2 teams have made it to the playoff without winning their conference championships so far (not counting Notre Dame)

Both teams won the national championship and beat the team that won their conference to do it.

Dec 3, 2022, 5:49 PM

If you say so.
This year, there will be at least 2.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic