Replies: 4   Last Post: Jun 15, 2021, 9:54 AM by: ColorofGrey
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

If there was such a Prop Bet, I would wager that Bama and

[2]
Jun 13, 2021, 7:50 AM
flag     Reply

Georgia will be the two schools that will force either the NCAA, or more likely the US Gubmint, to ride herd on this NIL stuff. Saban is smart enough to use any new rule change to his advantage, and Georgia has their NIL Law going into effect July 1, well ahead of any other states. Let the bidding wars begin!

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Unfortunately it's worse than just UGA!

Jun 13, 2021, 5:41 PM
flag     Reply

Georgia's NIL goes into effect tentatively on July 1, but they're definitely not alone including Alabama and Florida.

Hate to say it but we gotta go get the SC law changes expedited ASAP, and you know where that's done...

link

Yep. Five states in the southeast, and guess which one is

[2]
Jun 13, 2021, 7:53 PM
flag     Reply

lagging behind? Good old Gov. McMaster and South Carolina. Will this disadvantage be the equivalent of a one year Death Penalty? It certainly could shake out that way.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Palmetto state jumps in the NIL waters for 2022

Jun 15, 2021, 9:54 AM
flag     Reply

Well this is interesting.

Gov. McMaster drove up to Clemson yesterday to sign a new name/image/likeness bill into SC state law, going into effect next year.

I'm trying not to read too much into his choice to do it here, but it's definitely good newes in the sense that we're not being left behind because of laws outside of our direct control.

It wouldn't surprise me if the NCAA makes some of its own NIL rules before the SC law goes into effect, so we'll see.

https://clemsontigers.com/governor-mcmaster-signs-nil-bill-in-clemson/

link

Re: If there was such a Prop Bet, I would wager that Bama and

[1]
Jun 13, 2021, 7:57 PM
flag     Reply

Lol. New Mexico leading the pack on this NIL. Good luck with that.

link

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1261 people have read this post