GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNETs™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus TNETs™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
If superconferences create a new semi-pro football league
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 8  

If superconferences create a new semi-pro football league

emoji_events [6]
Jul 5, 2022, 4:28 PM

then I hope Clemson doesn't join it. I would be happier if Clemson played college football against whatever remaining institutions preferred it.

I have never been upset that Clemson can't compete for a Super Bowl. I am also an alum of Georgia Southern. I can tell you I had no feelings of inferiority when we won national championships in Div 1-AA. It was awesome. I cared just as much. It was the league we were in. We won it. No shame in that. Same with high school. I wasn't upset that my AA school (GA) never won the AAAAA title.

If Clemson is in a college football league which exists parallel to a semi-pro league then I will be fine. Just as I am fine that Clemson can't win a Super Bowl.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

This is a bunch of gibberish.

[2]
Jul 5, 2022, 12:57 PM

Clemson must and needs to remain in the fore front of whatever is happening in College Football!

2022 white level member flag link

What may be transpiring may not end up as college football.

[3]
Jul 5, 2022, 1:01 PM

It looks like colleges are now investing in semi-pro football teams. It's losing the actual college football element. It may end up just like a college themed USFL. The arms race may actually be killing the thing that started the race.

But it's more pro football than college. Let's at least

[3]
Jul 5, 2022, 1:05 PM

have the honesty to call it what it is. And that's professional.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

I'm wondering if Notre Dame is in a special position to

Jul 5, 2022, 1:10 PM

appreciate this fact.

Everyone else is trapped in the mindset of "do anything necessary to have a relevant conference." Notre Dame knows better. So maybe they have a unique perspective on this, decide they don't want semi-pro, realize that they will survive as they are, and other schools rally around them to save actual college football.

Just a wild, unrealistic thought.

Re: I'm wondering if Notre Dame is in a special position to

Jul 5, 2022, 1:14 PM

The commercial value of Notre Dame is clearly #1 among all football programs.
Look at their huge nationwide exclusive NBC television contract plus the fact that everyone is attempting to have them in their conference.

flag link

Yes, so I wonder if they have the inclination to hold fast.***

Jul 5, 2022, 1:16 PM

Agreed!***

Jul 5, 2022, 1:10 PM

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link

Re: If superconferences create a new semi-pro football league

[1]
Jul 5, 2022, 1:33 PM

Only people who do not understand NIL think colleges are semi pro. I wonder if we have more a dozen football players who have income from NIL?

flag link

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 great seats in Section P, row O. These are around 45 yd line. $2200 for the pair

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
562 people have read this post