Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If I felt a significant other lied to me...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

If I felt a significant other lied to me...

Dec 5, 2022, 4:14 PM

I'd just break up with them and move on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sounds really mature.***

Dec 5, 2022, 4:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Or you could cry about it for 2 weeks...

Dec 5, 2022, 4:19 PM

but I don't cry, so not an option.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Makes sense. Why cry when you can quit?***

Dec 5, 2022, 4:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I've already forgiven you for saying...

Dec 5, 2022, 4:41 PM

Colgate is #1. Relax.

I think Tom’s of Maine is better toothpaste.

Dec 5, 2022, 4:42 PM

I've already forgiven you for saying...

Dec 5, 2022, 4:44 PM

Nebraska was added to the B1G despite not being an AAU member. Relax.

I’m not sure what you are referring to.

Dec 5, 2022, 5:12 PM

Nebraska isn’t an AAU member. You can see a list of member schools here:

https://www.aau.edu/who-we-are/our-members

The Big 10 has made it clear that they prioritize AAU membership:

https://www.si.com/college/northwestern/football/what-the-association-of-american-universities-has-to-do-with-big-ten-expansion

I’m still sad to hear that you are a quitter.

I'm glad to help you out...

Dec 5, 2022, 5:29 PM

Claim: "Nebraska was added despite not being an AAU member." - JK

Fact: Nebraska was accepted into the B1G on June 10, 2010, they lost AAU membership on April 26, 2011.

"All the Big Ten schools are AAU members. I doubt that our application would've been accepted had we not been a member of the organization." - Harvey Perlman, Nebraska Chancellor

"Nebraska's membership in the Big Ten Conference is official. The Big Ten's board of presidents and chancellors unanimously welcomed Nebraska to the club on Friday, (June 10 2010)" - Eric Olson, AP

"On April 26, two weeks after the vote began and 102 years after Nebraska joined the AAU, Perlman received word that Nebraska was out."
https://www.columbiamissourian.com/news/higher_education/losing-aau-status-not-fatal-for-nebraska/article_e93dccc6-ed16-11e5-9aa9-0312c0e2e5e6.html#:~:text=When%20the%20University%20of%20Nebraska-%20Lincoln%20lost%20its,The%20AAU%20dumped%20Nebraska%20essentially%20for%20two%20reasons.

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/message/link-that-they-require-that-for-new-members-30927574

HTH jog your memory.

You should stick to products that clean your mouth...

Dec 5, 2022, 4:44 PM [ in reply to I think Tom’s of Maine is better toothpaste. ]

after the things you said earlier this season.

Re: You should stick to products that clean your mouth...

Dec 5, 2022, 5:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

correct,

Dec 5, 2022, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Sounds really mature.*** ]

the mature thing is to end the relaitonship quickly. If a significant other has lied to you before, they will likely continue to do so and the relationship will eventually turn toxic.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The mature thing would be to have a conversation with them

Dec 5, 2022, 5:14 PM

about your concerns, and see if your suspicions are correct, rather than just bailing.

They might not be lying at all, but evidently Francis Marion isn’t interested in knowing the truth.

Re: The mature thing would be to have a conversation with them

Dec 5, 2022, 5:54 PM

you do not get to change the rules of the argument, the OP clearly stated that the person lied.

This board has previously voted to ban you.

Dec 5, 2022, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Sounds really mature.*** ]

Maybe you need to break up and move on? And speaking of maturity, do you think trolling the best program of our university, ever, is a "mature" thing to do?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless they made 11 mil a year***

Dec 5, 2022, 4:16 PM

I've often thought about this...

Dec 5, 2022, 4:27 PM

Two scenarios...

1) You are engaged to someone who tells you they have $1,000,000 in the bank. Two days before the wedding, that person says I actually do not have $1,000,000, in fact, I have $1,000,000 in debt. Most people would walk away.

2) You are engaged to someone who tells you they are $1,000,000 in debt. Two days before the wedding, that person says I actually do not have $1,000,000 in debt, in fact, I have $1,000,000 in the bank. Most people would stay.

The outcomes were very different, even though the person was lied to in both situations. Why are some lies viewed as ok, but others are not?

All lies are permissable

Dec 5, 2022, 4:33 PM

except to Tnet

Re: I've often thought about this...

Dec 5, 2022, 4:45 PM [ in reply to I've often thought about this... ]

my integrigty is worth way more than 11 million. I do have my price though.

...and we thought you were a cheap ho.***

Dec 5, 2022, 5:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The filophesy bored is at way-------------------->***

Dec 5, 2022, 5:22 PM [ in reply to I've often thought about this... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How would you pay your rent then ?***

Dec 5, 2022, 4:17 PM

I thought FM was already in Mom's basement.***

Dec 5, 2022, 4:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

You left out the break-up hanky panky***

Dec 5, 2022, 4:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m glad Bob is an honest person.

Dec 5, 2022, 4:33 PM

I would hate to see the two of you go through that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shouldn't you call 911 and have the cops come out

Dec 5, 2022, 4:46 PM

first?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

"Just the tip"...? ;~)***

Dec 5, 2022, 5:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, Bob in that blue dress will fool you.***

Dec 5, 2022, 5:17 PM

Re: If I felt a significant other lied to me...

Dec 5, 2022, 5:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9W_jW4e_uY

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

any lie? what if she tells you are the best

Dec 5, 2022, 5:32 PM

lover she has ever had?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"She"?***

Dec 5, 2022, 5:47 PM

ruh roh.***

Dec 5, 2022, 5:50 PM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic