Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If CBV leaves..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

If CBV leaves..

Nov 30, 2021, 8:42 AM

which obviously we all hope is not the case, the first call needs to be to Marion Hobby.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not the worst idea...***

Nov 30, 2021, 8:47 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Why?

Nov 30, 2021, 9:17 AM

Please elucidate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If CBV leaves..

Nov 30, 2021, 9:51 AM

If Coach Venables leaves, and I hope he doesn't, but no Coordinator deserves a HC job more, Clemson's year this year might have been really good compared to what the future holds. Coach Venables is the best DC ever. That will be a massive loss for our program. I may hate Oklahoma more than ever for poaching Coach Venable, but can't really hate Coach Venables for taking the well deserved HC job there. Without him, Clemson would still be stuck remembering 1981 as the Clemson high water mark. If more money can keep him in Clemson, they need to pay the man more money. The best decision Dabo Swinney ever made was hiring Brent Venables. In my heart I know, where Venables goes, a lot of defensive recruits will follow. Many of the Clemson defensive stars come to Clemson to play for Brent Venables. Imagine this years Clemson team with an average defense. They might have lost 8 or 9 games considering how poorly they were playing on offense. The defense carried Clemson nearly all year.

Nov 30, 2021, 6:01 PM

Personally, I would rather make BV the HC here if that what it takes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2021, 5:59 PM

Yes, yes, and yes. His development was second to none (see Kevin Dodd and Vic Beasley) and the players the loved him.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic