Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If BV wasn't seriously thinking about it, wouldn't he just
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

If BV wasn't seriously thinking about it, wouldn't he just

Nov 30, 2021, 3:41 PM

announce that? Or is he holding out to negotiate a new deal with Clemson?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Shane Beamer was under serious consideration...

Nov 30, 2021, 3:52 PM

for the OU job., don't you think the dirt peckers would be pooping all over their hen house in cootlumbia?

Spoiler alert - he's NOT. Once the coaching carousel reaches Columbia, it never goes up... only down.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Shane Beamer was under serious consideration...

Nov 30, 2021, 5:37 PM

Coaches go to SC to die.

What about Bobby Cremins

Dec 1, 2021, 2:12 AM [ in reply to If Shane Beamer was under serious consideration... ]

dumped on his alma mater to move on to greener pastures

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s probably praying about it and asking god to help

Nov 30, 2021, 3:54 PM

Him see his will.

That’s just my guess. I think he and Dabo are similar in that way

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He’s probably praying about it and asking god to help

Nov 30, 2021, 4:08 PM

True…that way if things don’t work out, he can just blame God and not his own poor judgment.

Re: oh man that made me laugh loudly***

Nov 30, 2021, 4:17 PM

Remind me ... when did he do that? One time. Ever.***

Nov 30, 2021, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: He’s probably praying about it and asking god to help ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remind me ... when did he do that? One time. Ever.***

Nov 30, 2021, 4:26 PM

Not BV specifically (that I know of)…but a lot of people live (and die) by that mantra…things don’t work out…well, it was just God’s will.

Nov 30, 2021, 4:51 PM

Sure do. I'm related to a lot of them. Brings them a lot of peace and serenity in life. I have a hard time adopting it myself but whatever makes people happy in life.

Nov 30, 2021, 5:13 PM

Oh, absolutely agree…same boat as you. For those who can believe it, I’ve seen it provide them a lot of peace after terrible loss. There are also many who use it as a convenient excuse.

In your mind what it most important...

Nov 30, 2021, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Remind me ... when did he do that? One time. Ever.*** ]

in God's will? For us to be happy today? Is He a big Meanie if we as believers aren't just gleeful about our current circumstances because they are so wonderful, or obviously headed towards bigtime fun and enjoyment?

That's a serious question that you should do some research on.

Re: In your mind what it most important...

Nov 30, 2021, 5:17 PM

Neither here/there…I don’t believe God has a hand in the day-to-day…nor do I believe things happen for a reason aside from cause/effect. Like I said above…I’ve see this being a lot of peace to those who lean on it…and am happy they can find peace.

That's it? You say something about a guy, you dont know

Nov 30, 2021, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Remind me ... when did he do that? One time. Ever.*** ]

anything about it, you get called out on it ... and that's all you got? Just repeating your own ideology. Fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2021, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: He’s probably praying about it and asking god to help ]

What is wrong with asking The Creator for advice. Maybe you should try it.

Nov 30, 2021, 6:59 PM

I tried, but he was running late for a tee time at Mar-A-Lago.

Re: If BV wasn't seriously thinking about it, wouldn't he just

Nov 30, 2021, 3:59 PM

I don’t claim to know what any man other than myself is thinking or will do.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well,

Nov 30, 2021, 4:03 PM

He’s actually a busier guy than most here hand wringing about his decision. He’s recruiting, game-planning and maybe even entertaining an offer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's actually so busy, he hasn't had time

Nov 30, 2021, 4:31 PM

to remember how to set his watch back from daylight savings time! Or so I learned today.

Nov 30, 2021, 4:07 PM

Oklahoma has Stoops right now there is no hurry to leave. The most likely thing is he will wait til after the bowl game to leave to announce. If Oklahoma did not have Stoops he would probably be pressured to go asap.

... because it's all about the money, right?

Nov 30, 2021, 4:15 PM

And BV is such a football prostitute that he's go on the recruiting trail WITH DABO TODAY, and when Brent drops the bomb after the bowl game that he's leaving and those recruits they were out signing together bolt, BV will just say " scru u Dabo, I had to shaft you to get the money".

Yeah... from everything we've seen from Brent Venables over the years that would be par for the course.

Re: ... because it's all about the money, right?

Nov 30, 2021, 4:21 PM

2 million dollars per year for 4 years vs 7.5 million for 5 or 6 with a huge buyout.

Are you guys really this far out of reality? The answer is very simple for anyone...

Nov 30, 2021, 4:29 PM

He'll get more than 2 mil per year here if he decided to stay. Again, some guys just love coaching one side of the ball without the extra headache. Not everyone is the same. I've turned out extra money from jobs before (sure not millions), but for me environment and atmosphere outweigh that money. He's also 50, so he still has time if he wants to stick around here another 4 or 5 years. That OK job will be opened again soon I bet, just like all these other jobs from big schools that seem to open back up every few years.

Believe it or not...

Nov 30, 2021, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: ... because it's all about the money, right? ]

for some people having $25 or $30 million and feeling blessed where you are is preferable to uprooting that for $30 or $40 more million. You can actually survive on $30 million and have some of the nicer things in life, although it is admittedly a sacrifice.

Seriously, I feel truly sorry for you. I suspect you are the kind of person who would end up most miserable if you ended up with all the money you'd like to have.

No disrespect meant to you, but I have lived long

Nov 30, 2021, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: ... because it's all about the money, right? ]

enough to understand that sometimes it isn't money that influences people...no amount of money.

Which, my Friend, may be a good lesson for many people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2021, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: ... because it's all about the money, right? ]

Only if all you value in life is money. I could be making 3-4x more but would have to live in ATL or NY and never see my kids/family. As it is…I’m content/happy right here in my little corner of the world, making much more than I need.

This is a special take.

Nov 30, 2021, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: If BV wasn't seriously thinking about it, wouldn't he just ]

You think time wouldn’t be of the essence for recruiting as the new head coach, staff, infrastructure?

Calling you dumb is mean, but I’m pretty certain you’re just a troll doing the best she can.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean like short bus special, right?

Nov 30, 2021, 7:48 PM

Sounds like it.

100%^^^^^***

Nov 30, 2021, 11:13 PM

Nov 30, 2021, 4:07 PM

Oklahoma has Stoops right now there is no hurry to leave. The most likely thing is he will wait til after the bowl game to to announce. If Oklahoma did not have Stoops he would probably be pressured to go asap.

Nov 30, 2021, 7:10 PM

Yeah, why would he be in a hurry to start recruiting at his new job, convince current players to not leave, and to hire a staff when he can instead stay at Clemson for another month to coach a regular bowl game?

Nov 30, 2021, 4:26 PM

announce that? Or is he holding out to negotiate a new deal with Clemson?

A smart guy does not say no immediately but goes through the process before turning down the job. This allows a candidate to learn from the process, keeps their name out there for future consideration and keeps the current employer honest in terms of maintaining market value.

A dumb guy simply says no so irrational fans on the interweb can stop freaking out but misses out on all of the above benefits of being considered.

Nov 30, 2021, 5:25 PM

I hope he stays and of course he should leverage his situation with Clemson. I hope we reward him appropriately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Nov 30, 2021, 6:40 PM

Of course he’s thinking about it…why would he not think about it if they are offering anything north if $6 mill per year for at least 6 years…he is a DC making $2 mill per … OU is one of the premier programs in the country who is already set up to win big right now and he has roots and familiarity with them…if he ever wants to be a head coach, how could this not be the perfect situation for him??? Heck, there isn’t really a lot to think about at all if he wants to be a head coach…that’s probably the biggest decision Iah…does he want that or does he want to be a DC lifer…highly doubt he will ever get a better first HC opportunity than this one if we are all being honest…if anything I will be a little surprised if he is actually their first choice!!!

A valid point. We are all just assuming Okie offers or has

Nov 30, 2021, 7:56 PM

already offered Coach V the job. They may in fact have their sights set on a current head coach at another school. As in, I can't for the life of me figure out why his stock is so high, but Matt Campbell is a name that appears on everybody's Hot List. Sure, he has had some success at Iowa State, but has not even won a conference championship. His best year there was 9-3. Back down to 7-5 this year. And yet, right now, he is being linked as a high candidate for the Notre Dame job. How?

Nov 30, 2021, 7:51 PM

He has earned a new deal!

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic