Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I would hope that there are scenarios being discussed where
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 685

I would hope that there are scenarios being discussed where

Jul 1, 2022, 8:38 PM

the major football programs would simply coalesce into their own league and leave the rest of the conference sports and conferences themselves alone as they are. The wear and tear on every other sport, who largely compete more often than football and tow along family and fans, would be significant and bring real harm to that whole landscape. Geography obviously played a big part in how these associations formed. For the college experience it ultimately is, this is getting lost.

Put your top football dogs together, form divisions, sport your league logo in games and standings, schedule accordingly, and divvy up the mega proceeds. I don't necessarily think it has to envelop all of the rest of what these conferences are and how they serve the students, including basketball. Basketball gets a huge tournament at the end of the year so it really doesn't factor too much on the conference end. Lots of games also with plenty of good OOC opportunities.

Maybe develop a system where there's a top 32 then the rest and have a promotion / relegation mechanism in place? 8 games versus the top tier and 2 or 3 against the rest? Ensure rivals meet, whatev.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 685
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic