Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wish someone in the media would ask…
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I wish someone in the media would ask…

Sep 28, 2021, 11:46 AM

How is the mindset of the backup QBs? It has to be demoralizing to be 2nd or 3rd backup and know you won’t have an opportunity unless it’s mop up time. Before someone says the coaches know who performs best in practice, many of us saw the spring game first hand.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think that is Dhood's job.. just ask him***

Sep 28, 2021, 11:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Do you have his phone number?

Sep 28, 2021, 11:54 AM

TIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

gotta website some 1 sent me.. could try there

Sep 28, 2021, 12:05 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/message/1900fmsgayecom-but-not-sure-i-can-help-you-with-a-galaxy***-29533812

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I wish someone in the media would ask…

Sep 28, 2021, 11:53 AM

Unless things change, I'm afraid we will see more transfers than expected.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are afraid to lose their media credentials.***

Sep 28, 2021, 12:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2021, 12:03 PM

BINGO!! You nailed it. DJ is an All-American in practice but can't take it to the game. Time to try someone else for a series or two.

Sep 28, 2021, 12:28 PM

As a Clemson fan I do not need to know what the mindset of any player on the team is, use to be or will be in the future. All I need to know is that the Coach knows and has evaluated his team's talent. The Coach will decide who plays and how much. My job is to support the Team and University and "complain when we do not win or we do not win by xx points." For the past 10+ years all has been great. Once a year we have had a bad game. At this point we have had 4-5 games in a row that has not been really good and a couple have been fairly bad. To lose to GA by 7 point (pick 6) and to NC State in double OT is not the end of the world. Many teams would love to have our track record. So, from this fan's (paying fan I might add) seat at the table the sky is not falling. Sonner or later we were and are going to lose football games. If we won 75% of our games this fan will be happy. I want to win them all but know this is impossible.

Life is good. Dabo will correct the issues. But, it will not be on our time table.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5th from worst O in FBS… but top 5 talent… why so slow

Sep 28, 2021, 12:37 PM

To fix it? Coaches just lost all ability to coach, be creative, choose other starters? What seems to be the problem?

And no, it is not just n execution thing. It is a coaching issue or lack thereof. Stop covering for coaches paid millions who are supposed to know what they are doing!

Forget it.

Sep 28, 2021, 8:54 PM

Re: 5th from worst O in FBS… but top 5 talent… why so slow

Sep 28, 2021, 11:33 PM [ in reply to 5th from worst O in FBS… but top 5 talent… why so slow ]

To fix it? Coaches just lost all ability to coach, be creative, choose other starters? What seems to be the problem?

And no, it is not just n execution thing. It is a coaching issue or lack thereof. Stop covering for coaches paid millions who are supposed to know what they are doing!

How do you know it’s not just an execution problem??? And it is a coaching problem??? HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS??? Just curious!!!

Sep 28, 2021, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I wish someone in the media would ask… ]

Just my opinion but I don't think it be fixed before next season.

Sep 28, 2021, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I wish someone in the media would ask… ]

Right there with you! GO TIGERS!!

Not going to happen

Sep 28, 2021, 3:57 PM

The media is handpicked, that way no tough questions are asked. If so, they'll have their credentials pulled.

A lot of tough questions have been asked by Clemson media recently.

Sep 29, 2021, 12:07 AM

Go back and listen to the press conference on Sunday with Dabo. David Hood asked several tough questions.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 28, 2021, 8:47 PM

What's hard to take is that Dabo has played the 2nd string QB in the 2nd quarter before the game was decided. In the scenario I remember the 1st string QB was pretty darn good, but lost his job when the 2nd team QB showed out.

Is it so hard to decide to give the 2nd string QB a chance when the starter is struggling so much?

Sep 28, 2021, 11:38 PM

You’ve answered your own question…you just don’t want to see it or don’t want to realize it…you’re 100% correct about them playing DW some when he was the backup and Trevor when he was the backup…I’m assuming they did that because those guys showed they were deserving of some opportunity somewhere along the line in practice…what does that tell you about no other QB getting time this year??? Kinda scary to think about isn’t it???

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic