»
Topic: I watched the game again and if
Replies: 7   Last Post: Oct 25, 2021, 8:25 AM by: AirRaidRat
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

I watched the game again and if

Oct 25, 2021, 12:47 AM

the defense doesn't give up any points, we win. Seems simple enough that we've had a breakdown in the defense somewhere. We scored enough to potentially win the game with the first touchdown. Enough of the bashing of the offense and questioning why Will Swinney is playing wide receiver in the first quarter.

flag link

Re: I watched the game again and if

Oct 25, 2021, 1:21 AM

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Cobbox on Brad Brownell: “His only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 25, 2021, 1:43 AM

Will can block. I saw too many wrs not blocking.

flag link

Oct 25, 2021, 1:54 AM

I am certain that coach Venables would love for you to show him, and the entire defensive team where these breakdowns occurred ,on the game film, in the training room right after practice today .

flag link

Almost convinced you're serious****

Oct 25, 2021, 5:29 AM

flag link

The defense allowed 20 points...

Oct 25, 2021, 8:08 AM

Coming into the game, Pitt was averaging 45 points per game. Other than the one busted play, the defense played well enough to win if the offense doesn't turn it over and makes the plays that were there.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 8:16 AM

I only saw one where a receiver got matched up on a linebacker and Turner was out of position, which resulted in an easy score.. Other than that, I saw a lot of missed tackles down the stretch which indicated they were tired and banged up. Our interior line was nonexistent by the end of the game. I think DJ throwing a shovel pass to their DB pretty much took the air out of this team. That was the 2td that could have been prevented. it seemed Pitt earned the rest of them.

edit...the penalty on JM also resulted in a score when it would have been a punt, so take 3tds off the board just on single play mistakes.

Message was edited by: Tigerbalm1®

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Pickney had time in the pocket which

Oct 25, 2021, 8:25 AM

allowed him to look at second and third receiver options. He also recognized mismatches in our defensive alignments (linebackers covering quicker receivers). He had experience and motivation.

flag link

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: ACC Championship
FOR SALE: Isle seats, section 518 row 11 seats 1 & 2. $100 for both call, text or email.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1611 people have read this post