»
Topic: I think that the offense's woes are
Replies: 12   Last Post: Oct 24, 2021, 8:23 PM by: SocMan2®
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 12  

I think that the offense's woes are

[4]
Oct 24, 2021, 9:24 AM

far more a product of DJ's shortcomings than TE's offensive mastery. Given what DJ cannot do well, TE is limited in his options. ( I again call for TP to be given his chance to work with the 1st team this week)

I thought TE called a pretty good game this week - given the limitations of what DJ can do well.

flag link

Re: I think that the offense's woes are

[1]
Oct 24, 2021, 9:47 AM

The team LACKS leadership on the field!!! These guys do not want to go to war with DJ. Totally opposite from TL16. They couldn’t wait or kickoff.

This IS NOT going to get better

flag link

[1]
Oct 24, 2021, 9:48 AM

DJ5's limitations are becoming more obvious each week. I honestly thought the team showed some extra pep when TP went in and completed the drive in his ONE series opportunity. Yes, the offense scored on the next series with DJ, but I could have almost run thru the hole/space that was open (thanks to some great blocking). The team just seem to be jelling with DJ. Maybe too much time in preseason spent on NIL contracts?

flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 9:50 AM

correction "the team just ISN'T jelling with DJ.

flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 9:55 AM

You mean Tony is a Master of our offense! You mean the same guy who has said "We need to score more points" or that he has to "laugh to keep from crying" ? That guy.
Whew,( or should I say WOW) I'm glad to know that somebody has got our offensive woes figured out!

flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 10:34 AM

Leftie,

This is the same TE that ran our offense under TL. So you tell me what has changed from last year ??

flag link

You answered your own question Tobias

Oct 24, 2021, 8:23 PM

TL16 and frequent audibles changed since last year ...

2021 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

[1]
Oct 24, 2021, 10:04 AM

This is your third post now busting on DJ. We get it.

2021 orange level member flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 10:38 AM

T3,

I am not trying to bust on DJ. I like the kid. But there are plenty of good kids that find that they can't stand up to this level of competition.

I am only pointing out what is obvious, or should be for all of those calling for TE's head. The kid has some real limitations in his ability to run our offense. TE is limited in what he can do with that. And opposing DCs recognize that.

TE should start whichever QB who can run the largest portion of our offensive plays effectively.

flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 10:44 AM

I think you called him a fat marshmallow or something to that effect.

Do you think there has been a conspiracy against TP? Most of us have seen him play in Spring games. I watched him heave an ill-advised desperation pass yesterday into double coverage. Luckily it was so off that even Pitt couldn’t intercept it.

DJ came back in, took the team down the field and scored. He’s clearly not lived up to expectations but he’s probably the best option we have right now, as painful as that might be. We have a lot of issues on offense from blocking to play calling to receivers dropping passes. The one bright spot has been the run game, especially Shipley yesterday.

Oct 24, 2021, 5:52 PM

T3

I said that he ran the ball like a 250 pound marshmallow. I stand by that statement.

I also said that play calling is not our biggest problem. TE should start whichever QB can run the most of our offense effectively. IF that is DJ, then that is TE's call.

flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 10:36 AM

DJ plays better with up tempo. I think he just gets in the groove and plays without thinking too much. He just naturally lets it fly. It was evident on our last TD. Why we aren’t playing up tempo is beyond me!

flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 10:45 AM

I agree. Most of his problem is mental. I think they’re afraid to go up-tempo and potentially keeping the defense on the field even more than they are. Might be worth a shot though.

Replies: 12  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: ACC Championship
FOR SALE: Eight (8) tickets in Section 517, Row 21. Will sell all or any for $45/ticket OBO...text or call 704...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1499 people have read this post