GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
I haven’t heard it being mentioned yet but with
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 5  

I haven’t heard it being mentioned yet but with

[1]
Jan 14, 2022, 1:34 PM

all of these opt outs now happening in post season and even during the regular season in some cases, I think expanding the cfp is going to take opt outs to a completely different level.

A lot of players are sitting out so they won’t get injured so adding even more games seems like more chances for injury and I think that will result in more players sitting out because of it.

flag link

Re: I haven’t heard it being mentioned yet but with

[2]
Jan 14, 2022, 1:38 PM

I completely agree with you.

Teams across the country are begging for an expanded playoff so more games will matter for them.

Players across the country are begging to not increase their number of games because they are trying to protect their bodies.

These two sides don't seem to add up to an easy decision.

flag link

Advantage Clemson, then

[2]
Jan 14, 2022, 1:39 PM

We don't recruit opt outs

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

[2]
Jan 14, 2022, 1:47 PM

New way of life with this younger generation. Hard to opt out of life and they will sadly find that out one day.

flag link

Jan 14, 2022, 2:37 PM

Not sure expanding necessarily leads to more opt outs. Especially, if you can expand the playoffs and only add a game or two over the existing schedule. Still having a chance at the Natty is pretty good incentive under the current scheme. I'm not aware of anyone from Cincinnati, Michigan, UGA or Bama that opted out, including many who are projected to high in the first round. Drop an out of conference game and add 1 to the current format or drop an in conference and an out of conference and keep the same number. I would put the caveat in that once you opt out you're opted out for the rest of the year. You don't play in quarter/semi-finals, you don't get to play for the ring.

flag link

Jan 14, 2022, 2:41 PM

I think it will reduce opt outs, they are all opting out of
meaningless games, no one has ever opted out of a playoff game or regular season game for a team in contention for the playoffs. End of the day kids want to play in meaningful games, they are opting out because their teams are not good enough to make the playoffs.

flag link

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: *PSA* DO NOT WHATEVER DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM “Phillop Jones” his real name is Dwayne Potts and he ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
1409 people have read this post