Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I got tix to see Knaak and Cannerella July Fourth.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 7
| visibility 1351

I got tix to see Knaak and Cannerella July Fourth.

Jun 23, 2024, 8:22 AM

Board caveat: I agree this could be an amphitheater poast; I also believe it qualifies as a Clemson Baseball board poast. (For the bored police).

One of the perks of living in Fayetteville, NC after growing up near Spartanburg is the Woodpeckers play in downtown Fayetteville. I got to watch Beer play a few years ago as a rookie in the Astros farm team the Fayetteville Woodpeckers (named for the endangered woodpeckers that live in Fayettevilles pine forest). Segra Stadium is putting on a cookout with live music annd vendors all day leading up to Team USA squad one vs squad two and finishing with one of the largest firework shows in the state. We have a party of six who will be there all day long. We make the trek to Death Valley six times a year but haven’t made a baseball game since I moved away. It will be great to see Cam and Aidan in person!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I got tix to see Knaak and Cannerella July Fourth.

Jun 23, 2024, 9:48 AM

You lost me at "...perks of living in Fayetteville, NC..."

From where did you move? Afghanistan?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2024, 10:13 AM

Fayetteville would be a small town if the Army, drug dealers and ho's left.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jun 23, 2024, 10:20 AM

Wouldn’t almost every military town? The military attracts many great businesses. It also attracts a lot of strip clubs.

I guess that’s what I get for trying to post something positive. I bet y’all could find problems with paradise. Not saying Fayetteville is a paradise but it isn’t Columbia, SC or Columbus OH. Thank God because they are the armpit and a-nus of America.

Jun 23, 2024, 3:27 PM

Shame on you for trying to be positive. After all, this is America, the land of the sorta free and home of the woke…

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2024, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: I got tix to see Knaak and Cannerella July Fourth. ]

Fayetteville has its charms. Downtown is a fantastic foodie hangout with a beautiful baseball stadium erected next to the Airborn museum. There are some amazing restaurants including world class dining at The Circa 1800 and authentic Italian food at Antonella’s. Ms Antonella is an immigrant from Northern Italy and serves legit regional Italian food. Not the crap Olive Garden calls Italian. Fayetteville has a great variety of high quality restaurants and entertainment to choose from.

Babe Ruth hit his first home-run off of a profession pitcher against the Orioles here in Fayetteville. The constitution was signed at the Market-house in downtown Fayetteville. We are also home to the 82nd Airborn.

No place is perfect. I grew up in Landrum, SC nestled north of Spartanburg one mile away from the NC line. I have to admit Landrum is a much better town than Greenville, Anderson, or Spartanburg. I’ve honestly felt unsafe visiting areas in Greenville and Anderson. But every city has those areas. Fayetteville is designated as an All-American city and has more to do than most realize.

I lived in Jacksonville for a decade. That’s a cesspool. The only redeeming quality of Jacksonville was the short drive to TopSail Island and the rest of the Outer Banks.

I am planning on retiring to the Mountains of NC. You never realize how great the mountains are until you’ve lived away from them for 25 years.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It’s easy to find the bad in any area. My experiences in Fayetteville have been great. I also tend to look for the good in things rather than point out the bad. It makes life easier and much more enjoyable.

Jun 23, 2024, 12:04 PM

Didn't mean anything personal OneJedi®, just stating how I felt about Fayette. And you are dead on, any town that has a large group of younger people with money to blow attracts the under-belly quickly. Regretfully this describes most military towns. You were also correct about the mnts, I live in the Brushy Mnts which is basicly the foothills of the Blue Ridge and can still be in Ocean Isle in >4hrs.
Peace

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jun 23, 2024, 12:29 PM

I will yield to your opinion, OneJedi®.

My Fayetteville experiences date back to the 1990's. Bragg Blvd was the PAwn SHop strip of the world. Hay Street was also "Ho Street". And there was a big shootout every other week from the drug gangs from New York having misunderstandings with the drug gangs from Miami when they met at the halfway point...Fayetteville...to exchange product for cash.

I did enjoy Jonathan's Restaurant, The Barn, and there was some good BBQ to be found.

I left in 1993 and never looked back. However, while there I regularly did business with the daughter on long-time Mayor Johnny Dawkins. SHE described Fayetteville as the 'Crotch of the USA".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1351
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next