Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I assume others saw Will Shipley's post-game comments.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I assume others saw Will Shipley's post-game comments.

Nov 28, 2022, 12:53 PM

A few things there: First, it's obvious that he is a really sharp kid. Second, and you need not watch the video to see this, he's ultra-competitive. Finally, and getting to my main point, his deliberation and silence before he responded to the question about our play-calling spoke volumes I thought.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I assume others saw Will Shipley's post-game comments.

Nov 28, 2022, 12:56 PM

Yeah, he is pretty fed up with what is happening. Hopefully he can be vocal about it and get something done. He's the offensive leader hands down, so he's got some power there. Just worried these coaches are too stubborn and may punish him for bringing anything up to them. Hope he doesn't decide to transfer out for greener lands.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's frustrated with the play calling...

Nov 28, 2022, 12:57 PM

He let that be known earlier this season against La Tech on the sideline. This is the second time he's expressing his frustration. I can only imagine that other players feel the same way.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Shipley's = fabulous display of leadership

Nov 28, 2022, 1:08 PM

Shipley is smart enough to realize that, in the emotional upheaval immediately after our self-inflicted loss (which happened to be Shipley's best overall game of the season), it is better to think before he blasts others for their mistakes.

Remember: Shipley had fumble problems for a few games in second half of the season, and his pass blocking was horrendous. No one blasted him for the fumbles or the pathetic blocking. Everyone has a bad day (or even during the overall good days, they make some mistakes).

His presence of mind and self control (while experiencing the tornado of post-game emotions) is a special personal characteristic.

Whether via football or not, this dude is going to be a tremendous leader in American society if he can keep his head on straight.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Shipley's = fabulous display of leadership

Nov 28, 2022, 3:10 PM

Totally agree here Danny. He’s practicing leadership off the field in how he answered those questions. That will translate to success on and off the field. And personally, I find more inspiration in his honest and measured comments than I do from some of what the coaches are showing. I’m sure the other players appreciate him speaking up in a respectful way.

Anybody who doubts Will is All In needs to...

Nov 28, 2022, 3:13 PM

....find the article on 1CLEM5ON.

If he wasn't all in, he would never have done this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody who doubts Will is All In needs to...

Nov 28, 2022, 3:14 PM

I just copied it to post and say the same thing.

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-football/news/kj-henry-will-shipley-give-back-to-clemson-with-1-clem5on-endowment-41309

Re: Shipley has seen his peers cast aside one by one...

Nov 28, 2022, 3:20 PM

and he's losing faith in Dabo the youth pastor. Just look back to when Dabo hired CJ, and Dabo gave him his blessing to chase off highly recruited RB's. The old friends and family plan again. Dabo's ship is taking on water fast.

Yeah…he clammed up quick, catching himself before digging…

Nov 28, 2022, 3:28 PM

…himself in deeper.

Then, he tried to sugarcoat his comments with “just want to help the team” attitude.

It was more than clear that he was not happy not getting the ball more during that game, and made up some excuse for Streeter.

I guess that the Tim Tebo-esque diatribe is a forbidden outlet of emotion for Clemson players.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic