Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am so tired of the SEC talking heads today gloating and talking big..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 51

I am so tired of the SEC talking heads today gloating and talking big..

Jul 30, 2021, 1:44 PM

Have always hated the SEC and hate them even more now. Literally all I am seeing and hearing today is SEC mania and it is nauseating.

Are these people grown men? How does a grown man (Middle age or older and overweight) get so excited about a conference???

Not sure this is good for college athletics and what it has done to other conferences.

Arrogance and greed are ugly traits.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am so tired of the SEC talking heads today gloating and talking big..

Jul 30, 2021, 1:46 PM

Could be they are excited about a decent team or two moving into the SEC east so the SECCG might not be another blowout.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh? Not just talking about football - they say now in every

Jul 30, 2021, 2:22 PM

sport the SEC will rule.

It is just the way they say it in such an arrogant and condescending manner. Do these people have a life?

People need to get priorities in order

Pretty soon it won't matter. They will have admitted

Jul 30, 2021, 2:51 PM

16,20,32 and relegated the rest and convinced the rest that there is no point in having a team if they're not in the SEC. At that point, they will have taken what used to be a national sport that drew intereste north, south, east and west and turned it into a regional sport that only the 16, 20, or 32 teams in the SEC cares about. The SEC would have been so determined to be the best and lord over everyone else that they finally got to the point that there was nobody else to lord over. Everyone outside of the SEC found something else to do on Saturday.

And still, even then, Alabama will have won 8 out of every 10 conference titles and the other teams will be crowing like they have done something.

41 years and counting Dawg!

Our first of three national championship teams celebrates its 40th anniversary this year!

I haven’t heard or read a thing and

Jul 30, 2021, 2:56 PM

Since I only read your subject line. I have no idea what you are going on about

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be funny when the playoff stays at 4***

Jul 30, 2021, 2:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It will be funny when the playoff stays at 4***

Jul 30, 2021, 3:22 PM

Reminds me of my fortune cookie today at lunch. It read:

He who laugh last
laugh best

Re: It will be funny when the playoff stays at 4***

Jul 31, 2021, 9:19 AM [ in reply to It will be funny when the playoff stays at 4*** ]

That is exactly what the non-SEC conferences should do; Vote “no” to expanding the playoffs. Considering the shady, back room dealing of the SEC and ESPN, I will be somewhat surprised if they don’t.

Actually, they could vote to expand to 8, but put a limit of

Jul 31, 2021, 9:32 AM

no more than two per conference. That would probably #### the SEC off more than just staying at 4!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just worry about other conferences

Jul 30, 2021, 5:11 PM

That is the real threat here. College athletics will never be the same again.

One mega conference will soon start its own league complete with national championships.

The question is who is in.

A sad day in college athletics.

Re: I just worry about other conferences

Jul 31, 2021, 11:59 AM

Who cares. It’s good for business and that’s all that matters. Until drooling fan girls like Georgia fans stop buying into the BS about what f’ing conference just means more, life will continue as such.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just worry about other conferences

Jul 31, 2021, 3:04 PM [ in reply to I just worry about other conferences ]

What is sad about improving the on the field product? Oklahoma has won the conference how many years in a row?

Top tier programs playing one another is a positive

Re: I am so tired of the SEC talking heads today gloating and talking big..

Jul 30, 2021, 5:32 PM

Nothing that’s happening lately is good for college sports. It will all be different going forward, in a negative way.

It’s all very sad to me. I’d rather go back to the bad old days of the late 90’s-2000’s than continue on this path to professional college teams…

Totally agree

Jul 30, 2021, 5:48 PM

It is very sad what is happening

Re: Totally agree

Jul 31, 2021, 9:24 AM

I’m glad that you are not a partaker of the kool-aide. Too many are unable to step outside of the view/agenda as long as they have a seat at the table of greed and gluttony.

They are the same ones who wear jerseys.***

Jul 31, 2021, 3:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Replies: 15
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic