Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am a firm believer in DJ as the starter but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

I am a firm believer in DJ as the starter but

Sep 27, 2021, 10:05 AM

When does Taisun hit the portal? If we have 2+ quarters of 3 and outs with a turnover thrown in and never give the guy a chance, why should he stay? Fine DJ is the starter, but you won't even put TP in for a series where DJ could get a different perspective on what the defense is doing. I think DJ is significantly better, but he is not playing to the point that Taisun should not be getting reps.

I think the same can be said of our WR's. I heard about Ajou Ajou more than any other receiver in the off season, but have heard nothing of him this year. Who will be the first to try elsewhere? TE's had no catches Saturday. Will we see any of them jump ship? I hope that our "brilliant" offense shows up soon or I am not sure who will run it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"DJ will start against BC, but both QBs will play." That

Sep 27, 2021, 10:09 AM

would be a good way to take some pressure off of DJ without the potential blowback. It just seems to be building on top of him and he can't shake it.

With the lack of talent in the running back room since Spiller took over, the pressure will only get greater on the QB and passing game for us to move the football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "DJ will start against BC, but both QBs will play." That

Sep 27, 2021, 10:22 AM

We aren't even getting the RB reps. Dabo has talked about Mikey Dukes, but I don't know if he has played outside of SC State. With Shipley hurt I wonder if we give up on red shirting Mafah. On the Oline we didn't sub at all against GT. We use to sub liberally when the game was still on the line. I understand that you want the best product on the field, but substitution allows 1 guy to rest and another to get experience. It is not always about the best product for a single play.

We really need to see Mafah on the field IMO

Sep 27, 2021, 10:26 AM

Also Phommachanh should definitely get some reps - some significant reps I think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "DJ will start against BC, but both QBs will play." That

Sep 27, 2021, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: "DJ will start against BC, but both QBs will play." That ]

He probably will because Dabo isn't playing him. As someone said earlier, this offense should have stayed on the field longer against S.C. State because they certainly could have used the extra practice. However, we did play 90 players but that seemed to be more important.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a hard time thinking TP is ready.

Sep 27, 2021, 10:29 AM

He is just back from ACL repair and did not participate in most of fall practice.

He needs more reps in practice before we throw him to the wolves.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have a hard time thinking TP is ready.

Sep 27, 2021, 12:25 PM

I thought it was his Achilles but regardless physically he is cleared. He has been in the program 3 years he should know what to do. I am not advocating for him to start but when we look like we did between scores Saturday why not stick him in for a drive? If he doesn't even get a chance when DJ is stinking it up then why stay?

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic