»
Topic: I am a firm believer in DJ as the starter but
Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 27, 2021, 12:25 PM by: Bareftn
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

Love Love Love!
monetization_on 1000
Quality Content
monetization_on 1000
Big Fish
monetization_on 1000
Hmm
monetization_on 1000
Flammable
monetization_on 1000
Caring
monetization_on 1000
Nom Nom Nom
monetization_on 1000
Ooo, Shiny!
monetization_on 1000
Hear ye, hear ye
monetization_on 1000
Cheers
monetization_on 1000
Bravo
monetization_on 500
Grats
monetization_on 1000
Take My Coins
monetization_on 1000
Great Idea!
monetization_on 1000
Nope
monetization_on 1000

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

I am a firm believer in DJ as the starter but

[1]
Sep 27, 2021, 10:05 AM

When does Taisun hit the portal? If we have 2+ quarters of 3 and outs with a turnover thrown in and never give the guy a chance, why should he stay? Fine DJ is the starter, but you won't even put TP in for a series where DJ could get a different perspective on what the defense is doing. I think DJ is significantly better, but he is not playing to the point that Taisun should not be getting reps.

I think the same can be said of our WR's. I heard about Ajou Ajou more than any other receiver in the off season, but have heard nothing of him this year. Who will be the first to try elsewhere? TE's had no catches Saturday. Will we see any of them jump ship? I hope that our "brilliant" offense shows up soon or I am not sure who will run it.

flag link

"DJ will start against BC, but both QBs will play." That

Sep 27, 2021, 10:09 AM

would be a good way to take some pressure off of DJ without the potential blowback. It just seems to be building on top of him and he can't shake it.

With the lack of talent in the running back room since Spiller took over, the pressure will only get greater on the QB and passing game for us to move the football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Re: "DJ will start against BC, but both QBs will play." That

Sep 27, 2021, 10:22 AM

We aren't even getting the RB reps. Dabo has talked about Mikey Dukes, but I don't know if he has played outside of SC State. With Shipley hurt I wonder if we give up on red shirting Mafah. On the Oline we didn't sub at all against GT. We use to sub liberally when the game was still on the line. I understand that you want the best product on the field, but substitution allows 1 guy to rest and another to get experience. It is not always about the best product for a single play.

flag link

We really need to see Mafah on the field IMO

Sep 27, 2021, 10:26 AM

Also Phommachanh should definitely get some reps - some significant reps I think.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

Re: "DJ will start against BC, but both QBs will play." That

Sep 27, 2021, 10:27 AM

He probably will because Dabo isn't playing him. As someone said earlier, this offense should have stayed on the field longer against S.C. State because they certainly could have used the extra practice. However, we did play 90 players but that seemed to be more important.

2021 orange level member flag link

I have a hard time thinking TP is ready.

Sep 27, 2021, 10:29 AM

He is just back from ACL repair and did not participate in most of fall practice.

He needs more reps in practice before we throw him to the wolves.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Re: I have a hard time thinking TP is ready.

[1]
Sep 27, 2021, 12:25 PM

I thought it was his Achilles but regardless physically he is cleared. He has been in the program 3 years he should know what to do. I am not advocating for him to start but when we look like we did between scores Saturday why not stick him in for a drive? If he doesn't even get a chance when DJ is stinking it up then why stay?

flag link

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Florida State
FOR SALE: Clemson vs Florida State. Home Side behind the Clemson Team. Lower Deck. Great Seats. 40 yd line. Se...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
826 people have read this post