Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How the ACC went from most successful to now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

How the ACC went from most successful to now

Jul 6, 2022, 1:12 PM

Article on the ACC trail of tears from a premier conference to where we find ourselves today. I would say it's sobering but it makes me want to drink. All thanks to the great leadership from our self-serving tar hole commissioner and the other football schools blowing it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/acc-went-one-most-successful-091000741.html?guccounter=1

SIAP

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How the ACC went from most successful to now

Jul 6, 2022, 1:32 PM

In 21-22, the ACC won National Championships in 3 sports so do seriously think the conference will go away if Clemson does go to the SEC? Really?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2022, 1:45 PM

If only you'd go away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2022, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: How the ACC went from most successful to now ]

Certainly. It’s dying now.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the coming world order of collegiate sports...

Jul 6, 2022, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: How the ACC went from most successful to now ]

the ACC has a chance to survive, but large cuts in athletic budgets will severely diminish it.

Losing Clemson will further diminish it further.

UNC and FSU will probably leave also. I suppose Miami could go to the SEC but I doubt it.

The future is very bleak for the ACC. No way around that.

The last point in the article is certainly the biggest IMO.

Jul 6, 2022, 2:13 PM

The ACC has too many small schools with small fan bases, or fan bases that care more about basketball when football is all that really matters now.

Swofford gets a ton of flak, and some of it is certainly deserved, but I think he was likely dealt an unplayable hand from the get go. The fact that he played it poorly probably didn't change the ultimate outcome - it wasn't going to win regardless.

Re: The last point in the article is certainly the biggest IMO.

Jul 6, 2022, 3:41 PM

Other than Clemson the whole Conference got bad at the same time. VA Tech and Miami coming to the ACC seemed like a good move at the time. Syracuse and BC shouldn't of never been invited.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is where I feel like there is an avenue available to up

Jul 6, 2022, 3:51 PM [ in reply to The last point in the article is certainly the biggest IMO. ]

our market value substantially. If the powers that be had the wherewithal to put the larger, football supporting programs together in one grouping where we all played one another far more often, and put the smaller, less supportive in another (with opps for moving up/down), I feel like we could legitimately turn the corner in TV ratings and national appeal. We squandered a lot of time, opportunity, and interest by keeping with nonsensical divisions that sidelined too many potentially great games every season by chasing one stupid game in December. Scheduling has been where mismanagement has hurt us the worst over the years.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic