Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How soon will we simply cancel the regular season?
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 12
| visibility 1950

How soon will we simply cancel the regular season?

Jun 20, 2024, 7:41 AM

These “committees” continue to award SEC teams with post season participation that don’t deserve it. Alabama in football this year and Florida in baseball. If they have SEC by their name and/or pass the eye test, they get an invitation no matter what happens in the regular season.
And just wait until December when the expanded playoffs happen.

The regular season means nothing if you are in that conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How soon will we simply cancel the regular season?

Jun 20, 2024, 7:45 AM

None that is true imo. l

Jun 20, 2024, 7:54 AM

I didn't think Fla was deserving but they did a pretty solid post season job for themselves much to my disappointment

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the hardest part of winning a playoff

Jun 20, 2024, 8:03 AM

is getting into the playoffs

there is no reason why UGA, Ohio State, and FSU (heck even Clemson :) ) couldn't have won a NC last year in football but never got a chance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jun 20, 2024, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: How soon will we simply cancel the regular season? ]

So why play the regular season if we want to justify their post season performance as a reason they should have been in?

No one can give a good answer as to why play the regular season if we simply going to reward conference affiliation, eye test, and perceived roster strength.

The same applied to OSU over TCU in 2014.

Its hard to say that Florida didnt deserve it.

Jun 20, 2024, 8:11 AM

Their postseason performance says otherwise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Its hard to say that Florida didnt deserve it.

Jun 20, 2024, 8:44 AM

But the question was about the regular season not the post season. Regular season record 36-30 and conference record 13-17, a losing record in conference play.

The SEC is by far the best conference in CBB

Jun 20, 2024, 8:51 AM

which they continue to prove on an annual basis as they comprise basically half of the CWS field every year, and pretty frequently have both of the finalists at the CWS as well.

When the conference track record is that strong, the teams within that conference are going to get a bump in tournament seeding.

Re: Its hard to say that Florida didnt deserve it.

Jun 20, 2024, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Its hard to say that Florida didnt deserve it. ]

If getting in is based on your overall play during the regular season, then a 28-27 regular season record should not have gotten in unless they won a conference tournament. Their play over that time didn't deserve it but they certainly made the most of the invitation gift they were handed in the post season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Baseball is definitely a sport where a team with talent can get hot at tourney

Jun 20, 2024, 8:50 AM

time. What are some teams that got left out that you felt should have been in - instead of FL?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

College of Charleston******

Jun 20, 2024, 9:51 AM

I agree about Alabama.

Jun 20, 2024, 12:55 PM

But, unfortunately, Once in the tournament, UFla showed they could compete in the MCWS. They peaked at the right time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I agree about Alabama.

Jun 20, 2024, 3:27 PM
IMG_1135.jpeg(213.3 K)

No argument- but explain why they play the regular season schedule. What is the purpose?

For those not paying attention, there have been 100’s of tweets, radio and tv segments already dedicated to asking the question “can 5 SEC teams make the playoffs this year”. It’s deliberate talking points that is setting the stage no matter what happens on the field. See attached. This is just one of those tweets.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1950
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next