Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honest evaluation on basketball thus far
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Honest evaluation on basketball thus far

Dec 7, 2022, 8:06 AM

We had one bad loss to South Carolina. We were in both games we have lost and are playing fairly well. Those two losses early have us looking on the outside of the tournament early on. I can see this team making the tournament. On a side note, I bet if we were Carolina fans, the only Carolina team which is the Tarheels, we would be in meltdown mode already. Go Tigers

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

We are pretty good when we don't turn it over a lot

Dec 7, 2022, 8:15 AM

We are likely to turn it over a lot in ACC play

Loved our effort against Iowa in the loss, and the way we responded to a Bellarmine team that would not go away.

MUST win ACC home games, and did that against Wake.

Cautiously optimistic

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are pretty good when we don't turn it over a lot

Dec 7, 2022, 8:34 AM

Probably not a bad take. Cautious optimistic. I'm a little more bullish in thinking this should be one of our better teams and much better season. Anything less than a top 5 acc finish would be disappointing. We should have much more flexibility on matching teams. We can go big down low with hall, schief, Tyson... we average right at 40% 3pt shooting. Defense has been good.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm worried about ball handling

Dec 7, 2022, 8:37 AM

Chase's 1st year playing point

Freshman (lil Hunter) and RS Freshman (Beadle) behind him

Ballhandling not the strength of Hemenway

The one thing that makes me the most hopeful is that this team seems to defend the pick and roll much better than the past two seasons. All of Clemson's tournament teams seem to have that trait, defending the pick and roll well

GO TIGERS

Re: Honest evaluation on basketball thus far

Dec 7, 2022, 8:26 AM

Pretty good. Outside shooting is a bit spotty. I wish BeaDLE WOULD DEVELOP A JUMP SHOT BECAUSE HE HAS DRIVING TO THE HOOP DOWN

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2022, 8:31 AM

Dec 7, 2022, 8:35 AM

Exactly!!! Feel same way. I think the team will continue to gel together with Hall back and everyone can figure out their role. I can see us finishing at .500 in conference.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Dec 7, 2022, 12:40 PM

I think we can finish at .500 in conference.

That's not going to get us into the NCAAs and it might not get us an NIT invite.

In order to get into the NCAAs with a .500 ACC record we needed to beat USC and Iowa.

What is good enough to keep Brownell given this season is more likely more of the same with some decent wins but a mediocre record?

and no reason to think next year is better, especially if PJ Hall leaves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Capons have lost 4 of 6 since the Clemson game...

Dec 7, 2022, 9:02 AM

while Clemson has won 6 of 7 including games against Iowa, Cal, Penn State, and Wake Forest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The Capons have lost 4 of 6 since the Clemson game...

Dec 7, 2022, 12:41 PM

We lost to Iowa.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2022, 9:44 AM

Most Brownell teams seem to struggle with long stretches of time within a game where it cant score.
They may play great for 28 minutes but have a 12 minute stretch where they score 4 points.
If they can avoid having so many of those, they will win a lot of games.

Dec 7, 2022, 10:42 AM

I enjoy watching them on the offensive end for a change; team definitely has potential. Coach Brownell seems to have put a good team together. Now, if we can just avoid those long spans where we don't score....

Dec 7, 2022, 11:35 AM

I think the start has been good and what I expected. Sucks we had a bad loss to USC. Early in the year on the road in a hostile environment is understandable. I think we beat them 8 out of 10 times. We are much better than them.

We have 3 more games to win, but if we do, our OOC will be a success. Some of our most vocal posters were predicting 4-7 and 5-6 OOC records. One of them has gone into hiding.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2022, 12:42 PM

I don't remember anyone predicting a losing out of conference record.

Do you think this team has a shot at making the NCAA tournament?

They are doing better than expected and I think at this point they will finish better than 11th, but it doesn't look like an NCAA tournament team.

Dec 7, 2022, 1:22 PM

Multiple people did. Nc tigs is the poster that was most vocal.

I do think this team has a shot at making the NCAA tourney, and could also finish top 6 of the ACC. We need to stay healthy to do that. We haven't played our best game yet, and we have only lost 2 games on last second shots. Our team was close last year despite the disappointing year. Our team is a better team than last years.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're playing pretty well over this opening stretch,

Dec 7, 2022, 2:40 PM

definitely doing a good job of getting their feet under them with the influx of new players. Mostly, though, they really look like they're enjoying themselves out there playing together and having fun. That's been very encouraging so far. The trip to France over the summer looks to have paid nice dividends.

Another bonus - the ACC is looking more and more like a hot mess, and our schedule skews towards the back end in terms of our home and home pairings this season. That, plus this season being a hot seat year for Brad with maybe a little more fire in the belly, the stars might be aligning pretty well for us.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Season will be decided by injuries....

Dec 7, 2022, 6:26 PM

If major injury is avoided this team should be able to make the dance. They have what it takes to make it and minus Virginia and Duke I think Clemson has the ability to beat the rest of the teams in the ACC. That's if they have everything working the right way.

Close games: Mistakes will occur and if it comes down to close games that is when Brad and the coaching staff has to step it up vs prior letdowns in the past.

Should be an interesting time during ACC play for sure.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic