Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Home Football Schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,555

Home Football Schedule

Jul 28, 2021, 8:43 AM

If Clemson was to join the SEC at the very least the home football schedule would never be as pathetic as this season's version. Zero will competitive, more fans will be at tailgates in the 4th quarter than the stadium, and the FSU beat down is the only can't miss game.

Message was edited by: atlcutigers®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Home Football Schedule

Jul 28, 2021, 9:04 AM

Unfortunately, the ACC Network will have some of these games played later in the day. Late games for lame teams reduce ticket sales, reduce ticket resales on 3rd party sites like StubHub for season ticket holders that can't attend, make it more expensive to travel because fans then have to find somewhere to stay overnight, and TV ratings then compete with bigger prime time matchups. Not every game will be a top 10 matchup, but a weak schedule isn't good for anyone long term.

Jul 28, 2021, 9:14 AM

Not so fast. Take a look at uga’s home schedule this year.

UAB, Kentucky, Arkansas, Missouri, Charleston Southern, and the chickens.

Don’t buy the hype that every game in the sec is tough…

Jul 28, 2021, 10:16 AM

Exactly! There are perhaps 2 elite SEC teams each year, and it’s doubtful that other SEC teams play both of them.

Jul 28, 2021, 10:31 AM

Auburn says hello.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2021, 10:58 AM

Google shows Auburn as an away game. Regardless, that will be your only interesting home game.

This is a major rebuilding year for Auburn...

Jul 28, 2021, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Home Football Schedule ]

Looking at their schedule, they may lose four or five games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 28, 2021, 9:24 AM

What, are you saying UCONN won't be competitive. Did they just not win the NCAA Women's basketball championship?
And how about those guys down in Cootlumbia. Hasn't their new head coach's "daddy" given us some good games.
And I just have got that feeling in my gut that the new head coach of FSU has placed at least one collect call to Jumbo down in College Station wanting at least one good play to use against us.
And lets not forget we can no longer use old game film of Georgia Tech since they no longer run that triple play( isn't that a baseball term) offense.
And of course we can't forget the opener in Charlotte. After all their head coach is "Smart"(er) than our head coach.
Now when I can think of something good to say about the rest of our opponents I will get back to you.

Auburn/Clemson FINALLY!

Jul 28, 2021, 10:07 AM

YES!

I absolutely crave big games, but I also sincerely believe our elite-level Clemson players DESERVE better opportunities. We don't have that (again) this year.

But in the SEC we could play Auburn every year & reestablish the history that gave birth to Clemson's football program in the first place.

I'll never understand why we didn't keep that as some sort of crossover matchup of any kind, but getting it back & celebrating that history is hard not to get excited about (and that's just ONE opponent that makes the move exciting just to think about).

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,555
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic