Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
High School Recruits Competing With Portal Players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

High School Recruits Competing With Portal Players

Dec 6, 2022, 1:31 PM

I have to think recruits are going to take a hit unless you area 4 and 5 star. Will teams pick an experienced player off the portal or a recruit that needs development?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: High School Recruits Competing With Portal Players

Dec 6, 2022, 1:37 PM

No. Zero sum game. It washes each out. If anything, may help the hs recruit. No portal, no roster slots.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2022, 2:53 PM

No. Zero sum game. It washes each out. If anything, may help the hs recruit. No portal, no roster slots.

Actually it's not zero sum as there is a large percentage of guys in the portal who do not get a scholarship offer. Assuming teams use all of their 85 scholarship limit then more HS players and walk on's will get a scholarship offer each year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2022, 2:59 PM

why are scholarship caps needed anymore, all players are free to come/go, seems like a waste of time to keep up with scholarships now

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2022, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: High School Recruits Competing With Portal Players ]

I'm confused. I'm saying it's not like the portal added more kids. I guess, if I understand you correctly, that a kid who was walk on at school A, enters portal and takes scholly at school B.

So what I'm saying is school B doesn't have a slot but school A now has a slot for walk on. ?

I think that's a very low number.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nailed it!

Dec 6, 2022, 1:42 PM

It has never been harder to be a walk on, one, two, or three star at a major college sport.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nailed it!

Dec 6, 2022, 3:27 PM

A guy I work with said his son couldn't even walk on at Coastal this year because of transfers. He enrolled anyway and will walk on next season as a preferred walkon. I doubt this happens everywhere, but I'm sure this is not anything out of the ordinary with the portal as it is now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are You Gonna Buy a NEW Toyota or a Certified PreOwned Lexus

Dec 6, 2022, 2:59 PM

Essentially is your question. In the case of the lamecucks use the same analogy with a NEW Pinto or CPO Gremlin

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are You Gonna Buy a NEW Toyota or a Certified PreOwned Lexus

Dec 6, 2022, 3:23 PM

Essentially is your question. In the case of the lamecucks use the same analogy with a NEW Pinto or CPO Gremlin

Best analogy I have heard, TU to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

I like that...***

Dec 6, 2022, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Are You Gonna Buy a NEW Toyota or a Certified PreOwned Lexus ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic