Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's why I think the SEC will HAVE to add Clemson, FSU, UM
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1

Here's why I think the SEC will HAVE to add Clemson, FSU, UM

Jul 7, 2022, 10:57 AM

The SEC knows that it is only a matter of time before ND's hand is forced to join a conference and they also know it will not be the SEC. They know the likely landing place is the B1G now that the ACC and PAC is terminal. They also know that 16 isn't the end, maybe not even 20. If the B1G were to add Washington and Oregon this would be the death nail for ND independence. It leaves ND and Clemson (and maybe you could argue Oklahoma State) as the only remaining non-sec, non-B1G programs with any football relevance. The SEC/B1G would at that point control the entire landscape of bowls and playoffs and championships. ND's hand would be forced and the B1G would readily invite.

Now if the B1G had Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, USC, UCLA, Penn State, Washington, Oregon, AND ND and went after one other team to have 20 total, that's a hell of a TV contract with ND money. Can the SEC afford to allow the B1G to add Clemson to this arsenal or to add Clemson and later end up with this arsenal? Would such a tv contract surpass the SEC's with whatever teams are left for them to add?

Who would be left at that point for them to get to 20 after adding Texas and Oklahoma. You'd have FSU, Miami, Oklahoma State, and UNC maybe? Is that enough to combat the B1G's USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, ND and Clemson?

If I had to guess Clemson is a battle ground and the SEC strategically can't let them fall to the B1G in this arms race.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic