Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's what I see... take it for what it's worth
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Here's what I see... take it for what it's worth

Sep 24, 2022, 6:54 PM

Well done by the offensive unit and staff today. BS is a good coach, and DJ is playing really well. I was really impressed with our WRs today, including the TE's.

Defensively, I think you guys need to pump the brakes on your view of Wes. First of all, there hasn't been much difference scheme wise with Wes vs. BV, especially against WF. It was a staple of Venables to play tight man and dare you to throw it. His philosophy was that he didn't think you could make enough good throws against press man and with pressure upfront to beat us. That is exactly how BV coaches, and to say otherwise is wrong. He did it against WF, GT (under PJ), and anyone else who was an option (RPO) type team.

Wes played it the same way, but 3 things happened today.

1. We were down 3 DBs, and the inexperience showed. Had we backed off early into a soft zone, we would not have had as many possessions b/c they would have controlled the clock with the run.

2. We did not get pressure. I credit WF's Oline for this. I was very impressed with that group. We just simply couldn't get there. We had those days under BV too.

3. Hartman made the plays. Period. He put the ball exactly where it needed to be every time. Sometimes you just have to shake the opponents hand and recognize a gamer. He was a gamer today.

I still say the biggest concern coming in was the offense. I think when healthy, we are a very good defensive team. The offensive performance today, and the guts to win a close game on the road, really speaks volumes about what this team can do this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's what I see... take it for what it's worth

Sep 24, 2022, 6:58 PM

I didn't get to see the whole gamed but the score indicates our offense did pretty well. The score also caused me to question what happened to the D.

Not enough info yo know if this was a quality win or not but the O showed heart.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has Wes simplified our defensive scheme

Sep 24, 2022, 6:58 PM

too much?

some of that has been out of necessity...

Sep 24, 2022, 7:01 PM

we've had injuries on the DL... we have a couple of LBs who are first year starters (outside of Trenton), and the secondary has been decimated by injuries...

Don't underestimate the role Mukaba plays in the complexity of some of our schemes and blitz packages

Re: Here's what I see... take it for what it's worth

Sep 24, 2022, 7:02 PM

Wakes O Line did a really good job today against the Tigers. Perhaps the best I have seen in several years. Film will show others how weak the Tigers were today in several areas. Lots to work on before the Wolfpack come to town. I doubt that NCSU is very much better than we. What do you guys think?

believe it or not... NCSU is a better matchup

Sep 24, 2022, 7:04 PM

WF has the most veteran WR room in the ACC, and I think Hartman is more of a gamer than O'Leary. We won't see that slow mesh stuff again for a while.

The good thing about playing freshman DB's now....

Sep 24, 2022, 7:28 PM

is that they have game experience and are accelerating their learning curve. They will get better quickly while subbing for the normal starters. They have tape to watch and corrections that can be made. Definitely work to be done but they will improve.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic