Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's an interesting question for discussion...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Here's an interesting question for discussion...

Jan 30, 2023, 9:30 AM

Is Brad Brownell the consensus ACC coach of the year, at least right now?

A Clemson coach has been selected only twice in conference history. Cliff Ellis in 1987 and again in 1990.

I ask because the ACC Sports Media Association has a history of selecting their favorites as opposed to the most deserving coach.

Who else might be in the hunt?

1 - Brad Brownell (Clemson) - Picked to finish 11th in the preseason rankings. Currently 1st.

2 - Jeff Capel (Pitt) - Picked to finish 14th in the preseason rankings. Currently 3rd.

3 - Kevin Keatts (NC State) - Picked to finish 10th in the preseason rankings. Currently tied for 4th.

Still a lot of basketball left to play but honestly at this point, other than those three, no one else really stands-out. I could see the ACC Sports Media Association leaning toward Capel because he's a Dookie alum and a Coach K disciple.

What say ye !?!?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

BCUF, you trying to jinx us?

Jan 30, 2023, 9:58 AM

At this point, he would certainly be the favorite. But January pronouncements do not necessarily portend March success.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Probably going to be

Jan 30, 2023, 10:03 AM

rat face or "Don't cheer in my arena" Williams - COY-Emeritus.

And they would deserve it - they are amazing in every way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Here's an interesting question for discussion...

Jan 30, 2023, 10:10 AM

I think you picked the right 3 and COY most likely comes down to how they finish. BB should rightfully be in the lead right now.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2023, 10:13 AM

Bennet may be in the discussion, also. No matter what, GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me take you down memory lane...

Jan 30, 2023, 10:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me take you down memory lane...

Jan 30, 2023, 1:51 PM

As Ronald Reagan would say, there he goes again begging and whining. He was the biggest whiner of a coach ever in the ACC. However, it seemed to work for him. He would always get a call when he needed it.

Jan 30, 2023, 10:19 AM

100% now but there are 9 games left. Just like football, keep winning and you are in.

I try to look for common denominators...

Jan 30, 2023, 10:21 AM

CBB gets a ton of credit for this season. But it's hard to ignore that the turnaround also coincided with the hiring of Billy Donlon and Sean Dixon. This is in no way a knock on CBB, just additional credit to those who clearly helped.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jan 30, 2023, 1:44 PM

"Capel because he's a Dookie alum and a Coach K disciple."

May as well hand it to him now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2023, 1:53 PM

Tobacco Road when in doubt always goes with Duke or NC. Their attitude never give Clemson any credit.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic