Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here is a true hero to celebrate today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Here is a true hero to celebrate today

Jul 4, 2022, 1:47 PM

The problem of today is that 10% of the left and 10% of the right are complete fanatics and have gained way too much air time in the media. I believe the other 80% of us can gave a discussion, agree to disagree and still shake hands at the end of the day. As my grandfather said many years ago, as long as your personal beliefs don’t infringe on my freedoms, we can all coexist.

Just a thought, everyday, spend just 10 minutes reading three completely different news sources, Fox, CNN and Reuters. Understand what your family, friends, and neighbors are hearing/seeing. While it maybe painful, it will give you a broad perspective to help understand where others are coming from and help foster compromise and understanding. After all, we are all proud Americans.

Here is a special on Woody Williams, the definition of a true American hero that regardless of political affiliation we can all learn something from and maybe even aspire to be more like.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/remembering-medal-of-honor-recipient-hershel-woody-williams/

Happy 4th of July to all of you and God Bless America!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is a true hero to celebrate today

Jul 4, 2022, 1:53 PM

I live in WV near where Mr Williams lives. All my life had the privilege of hearing his story. He was definitely one of the greatest of the "greatest generation ". RIP to a true American hero.

Re: Here is a true hero to celebrate today

Jul 5, 2022, 8:57 AM

Wayne County, West Virginia is full of proud Americans. A very special place in regards to human perseverance.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic