Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here are my concerns at quarterback
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Here are my concerns at quarterback

Sep 20, 2021, 11:13 PM

as I see things right now.*

1. DJ is struggling, and although I fully expect him to improve, I think there is a real chance that he won’t become the type of QB we want and need him to be in order to contend for national championships.

2. Our coaches will continue to stick with DJ, thereby keeping Phommachanh on the bench. This ends up being a year without a playoff appearance.

3. Phommachanh transfers.

4. Next year, we are left with DJ and Klubnik as our only real options at QB.

5. Our prospects next year for anything more than a rebuilding year are slim. DJ won’t improve enough to get us where we want to be, and Klubnik isn’t ready to be the guy because he’s still learning and improving.

6. Realistically, we are looking at 2023 before we are possibly legitimate contenders again.

*I am not a football coach, but merely a fan. These are just my thoughts as someone who loves Clemson and wants to see us succeed. I don’t claim to know more than our coaches. I appreciate all that they have done for our program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I wonder what goes through your mind when you spot a new mole.

Sep 20, 2021, 11:15 PM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Why are you thinking about me naked?

Sep 20, 2021, 11:29 PM

Groce.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Here are my concerns at quarterback

Sep 20, 2021, 11:29 PM

We better start recruiting some power rangers bc come 2023, our stud Dlineman are gone! Missing on Travis Shaw didn’t help

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2021, 11:46 PM

Mascol, Henry, Davis, Breese, Murphy will all probably return….

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Sep 21, 2021, 12:33 AM

I don’t see it. If DJ doesn’t snap out of it and things play out as you suggest we will be in Bryant/Lawrence situation next year, if he does it’s a Lawrence/DJ dynamic.

Sep 21, 2021, 5:17 AM

So why don't we solve this issue right now;
We lose Saturday at State, which is a real possibility unless the entire offense, and not just DJ
improves, and then we ,as a fan base ,can stop worrying about any concerns at quarterback because we will fall so far outside the top 10 we won't sniff the playoff's, let alone anything short of the Meinkie Car Crap ,or Papa John Toilet Bowl.
Then with that in mind, the fan base can start booing the offense, hang T.E.in effigy, tell the other QB's to go ahead and transfer, have any top prospect already committed de commit ,or transfer to The University of Cootville or Jawja.
After that it's gets so bad that the ACC kicks us out, but we are asked to become the newest member of the AAC and we lose in next years Championship game to USF, and coach Jeff Scott.
Oh, then we lose Arch Manning to Alabama.

We’ve picked a bad time to have a down year.***

Sep 21, 2021, 6:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jumping ahead there a little bit??

Sep 21, 2021, 6:52 AM

We lost by one score to the #2 team in the country.

Let’s see how it all plays out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2021, 6:33 AM

Remember that time back in 2016 when everybody was all worried about DW and all the picks he was throwing? And everybody said “put in KB”?
And then we lost to Pittsburgh because they came out with a scheme BV hadn’t seen before?
Were you also concerned then?

Sep 21, 2021, 6:58 AM

Yes

Sep 21, 2021, 6:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Here are my concerns at quarterback ]

DW4 ain’t here and this is 2021.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic