Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Helpful chart is helpful
General Boards - COVID
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 330

Helpful chart is helpful

Aug 27, 2021, 8:40 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIL

Aug 27, 2021, 8:42 AM

Anti-vaxxers don't poop.

Geese don't have incoherent ramblings.

And toddlers want everyone to live.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Helpful chart is helpful

Aug 27, 2021, 9:53 AM

I’ll give you the opportunity to reason with me. I’m not an anti vaxer but I am post covid and unvaccinated. I want to see the statistics on reinfection in the unvaccinated including hospital admissions and death rates. I have not seen those numbers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Again, it's there. You have to swim though.

Aug 27, 2021, 12:25 PM

And expand your mind.......to another world, with another religion, and another language, and a different culture, without dems or pubs, but instead a lot of terrorists. Then you have to look at a study from a country with socialized medicine. Then decide if you can trust them. And it's from the same people who documented the US vaccines losing effectiveness and breakthrough cases with Delta. At the same time our CDC was telling Americans to take off their masks and our vaccines work, these people were saying American vaccines don't work and mandating masks once again.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/4811-recovered-israeli-covid-patients-got-reinfected-tv/

The trend has increased with delta to about 2.8%, still far better than a vaccine. Not as good as it was either though. Kinda like the breakthrough infections, started slow and crept up. Tell you what though, this isn't something you want to get without either a vaccine or prior infection. Only benefit of a vaccine now, is to stay our of a hospital or morgue. And that's still a pretty darn good reason.

You can kinda watch Israel and see what's coming, and know when it gets here, it will be the same basic virus, but it will be worse here for obvious reasons. We shipped them all the vaccines they could handle, and they are our covid canary. So is England, although England uses many vaccines, so they're less of a canary. Then there are places like Singapore where we shipped our vaccines too, and they did very detailed studies. Singapore, in fact, showed vaccines do VERY little to prevent transmission with delta. They also showed they DO HELP on the back end when you fight the virus, to survive.

So what is Israel showing us today that's something to look forward to? Well, there's a flavor of delta running rampant through Israel now, despite our vaccines, so they're rushing boosters to see how that helps. Seems to be helping. That's why the vaccines got ASAP full approval and boosters were recommended at 6 months, all of a sudden. That's what Israel is showing needs to be done. As for reinfections? I expect they will trend up on their own line, at a much slower pace. I still think if you spent time in a hospital with covid, you will likely never need a vaccine. If you had sniffles and a mild cough, you will.

And credit to Singapore for showing covid won't end. Moderna scientist was on TV the other day talking about the vaccine. Was asked why they can't make a vaccine for delta, same vaccine, just reformulate it for delta. He said they could but their studies show the original vaccine is still very effective. Then almost went on to let the cat out of the bag. He said none of the scientists ever expected the virus to mutate this way. It was vague, but I know what he was talking about. There is very little we can do, with mRNA based vaccines based on the spike protein, to stop transmission. There is little we can do to stop viral load and replication. The vaccines are still very effective helping you rid the virus, AFTER your initial period of immune suppression ends. You inhale covid and it SHUTS DOWN your innate immune system, our very first line of defense. At the same time it replicates uncontrolled, for days now, and you feel fine. Your immune system doesn't know you're sick, when in fact you're carrying peak levels of covid virus, and spreading it the most. Having antibodies sensitive to the spike protein do little good until they are called upon, and that call is silenced with delta. It comes much later with delta, ans as such you have more virus to attack then before, and that's why it's so much worse for those with no antibodies. So the vaccines still help, but they don't end anything.

There MAY be benefits beyond the spike protein immunity from vaccines through natural infection. But when you go 6+ days as a virus factory without knowing, there's little your immune system can do, initially until it KNOWS to do something. Now with prior immunity, that needs to be studied because if prior immunity still retains the same time period of immune suppression, then it's game over. It may be people with prior immunity get very good at killing the virus later, and never know they're sick. This is the advantage children had initially, and they still have an advantage in more interferons and a stronger immune system.

No other virus known to man acts like covid in those first days of clinical infection. Nothing comes close to the level of immune suppression it has, COUPLED with the level of virus replication it initially employs at the same time. It literally explodes in you to very high levels before you can even know to attack it. And in that time, the virus can do everything it needs to do. This is what the Moderna guy was referring to. It's an end around to our vaccines, that expands on covid's unique end around of our immune system. It's a trick we have no vaccine cure for, and possibly no natural immunity cure for either. Luckily, there is no benefit for the virus to become more deadly when you fight it, other than you're fighting MORE of it. And with no prior immunity/vaccine, that's a harder time recovering, and a higher chance of a hospital or death, even though the virus is much the same in severity itself, there's more of it with delta to kill. It's like shooting a target with a shotgun. You can get more lead on the target by narrowing the choke, or you can just add 1,000 times the buckshot and not change the choke.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 330
General Boards - COVID
add New Topic