Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heard that BV moved his Wife's family to South Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,147

Heard that BV moved his Wife's family to South Carolina

Dec 1, 2021, 5:20 PM

in the past year.

Is this true? If so, that would make this jump pretty difficult, especially with Tyler still playing and kids in school in this area.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okla is a dream job IF Brent wants to be a head coach.

Dec 1, 2021, 5:30 PM

It's as simple as that. His family would be 100000% supportive. The money would be nice, but that wouldn't be the motivating factor. Clemson will even bump his pay a little if he stays.

This is purely "Do I want to be a head coach." This type of job rarely comes around at a place that Brent loves probably 2nd to Clemson.

Brent may not really want to be a head coach and deal with all the dumb stuff that you have to do. Kissing babies and organizing/speaking at donor events, etc. He may just want to coach football. No idea.

The other aspect is, I highly doubt he is #1 on Okla's list. Maybe he is, but my hunch is that he is not #1. Will Oklahoma #### around and miss out on him by slow playing him? No idea.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Okla is a dream job IF Brent wants to be a head coach.

Dec 1, 2021, 5:33 PM

Moving a wife's family several states away seems like a solid sign that he intends to be around for a while.

Of course, who else would have seen Lincoln Riley leaving so soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Okla is a dream job IF Brent wants to be a head coach.

Dec 1, 2021, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Okla is a dream job IF Brent wants to be a head coach. ]

While I agree his family would support him. And it does come down to whether he wants to be a head coach or not. However, I totally disagree, he's at the top. Probably top 2 that they want. He's also supposedly agreed to interview. Fwiw

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2021/12/01/wednesday-afternoon-update-on-venables-and-oklahoma/

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heard that BV moved his Wife's family to South Carolina

Dec 1, 2021, 5:45 PM

Or easier. Maybe that was the plan all along and he was playing the long con...

"Sorry babe, but at least you have your support system here. It is better this way..."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,147
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic