Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has Streeter made any comments since being let go?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Has Streeter made any comments since being let go?

Feb 7, 2023, 11:30 PM

Haven’t seen anything. Just wondering if anyone else has.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has Streeter made any comments since being let go?

Feb 7, 2023, 11:53 PM

Suspect he is still having some emotional distress over the severance from a top staff position. He and his family will be fine for a while with the $$ severance package he is reported to have gotten.
I look for him to land at another Div. 1 program by next year. He will be wiser and more aggressive with play calling and use of offensive weapons. He was a good recruiter and QB coach at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll be as aggressive as the QB allows.***

Feb 8, 2023, 12:00 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2023, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Has Streeter made any comments since being let go? ]

Yeah, his head is still spinning like a top trying to grasp how he was fired by moving the offense up over 40 spots from 2021, because a bad QB kept starting, and after he called plays with his game plan in the Orange Bowl that resulted in 100 offensive plays and nearly 500 yards offense against a below average defense and the offense could only score 14 points.

A lot going on there. Sometimes you just have to bite your tongue until the next gig comes along. He'll be fine and move on soon.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2023, 7:51 AM

On one hand, I could see why Streeter would be upset with Dabo for firing him. On the other hand, if I were Streeter, I would have said "Dabo, thanks for making me a millionaire."

Feb 8, 2023, 7:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Has Streeter made any comments since being let go? ]

Not trying to kick Streeter while he is down, but please tell what he done with the QB's that made him a good QB coach. DW4 and TL16 didn't really need Streeter when they got to Clemson bc their HS coaches had done a great job with them and their God given talent. Once DJ became the starting QB, he was terrible from what he had shown in the 2 games that Trevor was out, but as the starter, Streeter worked with him daily, and when he left, he couldn't hit wide open receivers. So how do you get that Streeter was a good QB coach???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, we win only because we have good players.

Feb 8, 2023, 12:15 PM

Sorry dude, that's an asinine take. Lots of teams have players. There are bunches of teams with more accumulated talent than we have. So what makes the difference?

COACHING

Trevor was the 1st pick in the NFL draft and Deshaun wasn't for behind. Are these great players that help any coach? Absolutely!

But players can't do it on their own. They need good foundations, good systems, and good culture. And without great coaching great players aren't part of great teams.

Even in a two year non-playoff run, where we were OBVIOUSLY handcuffed by the team's most critical position, we're still among the top 5 winningest P5 programs. Let that sink in.. here we are all upset and gnashing teeth over a two year "slide", and we're still a top 5 program! And guess what else? Even in the midst of a two year "slide", we are still the 2nd best program of the CFP era!

YOU DONT DO ANY OF THAT WITHOUT GOOD COACHING!

There are lots of teams sending QBs to the NFL, but there's only one better program in the entire CFP era.

Brandon Streeter has been a HUMONGOUS part of that success. Again, there are numerous programs with great QBs, but only one team has won more and a higher level than has Clemson since 2014. To insinuate that we won in spite of coaching, at any position, well, to put it bluntly, that's asinine.

And by the way, in the two games Trevor was out, DJ played fantastic! He broke a home record for biggest comeback IN DEATH VALLEY HISTORY, and he broke the record for most passing yards in the entire grand old history of Notre Dame. In the 2020 season, starting two games and playing spot duty in others, DJs numbers were very similar to Trevor's. How can anyone POSSIBLY say he played terrible?! Seems as if you couldn't have possibly watched the games?

Nothing personal, sir.

It's 100% accurate.

Feb 8, 2023, 1:36 PM

DW came in game ready and left with his game readiness at roughly the same level.

Most analysts agree that Trevor regressed during his time here.

Bryant---no development

DJ - no development, and often regression

Streeter did not develop QB's much beyond the level they came in at, if at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2023, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Has Streeter made any comments since being let go? ]

QB's under Streeter can easily be compared to those under Lincoln Riley, except Streeter's stars didn't win Heismans, just national championships and Heisman finalist spots. Spencer Rattler may have been Riley's highest QB recruit, yet failed to pan out on the field like DJ. Considering DJ's mental and physical condition in 2021, and the turnaround he had made in 2022 through the FSU game, posting very similar season-to-date DW and TL numbers and earning a Manning Award watch list designation, I thought Street did as good a job as one could with what he had to work with. DJ struggled mightily with high expectations throughout his career here. Once those peaked again after Week 7, we saw what happened next.

Also, it's worthwhile to review the 5-star QB recruits dating back to 2014. You might be surprised to find out how many Day 1 - ready types like these fail to pan out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo***

Feb 8, 2023, 12:40 PM

Feb 8, 2023, 4:40 AM

What do you expect he could say that would do him any good?

I don't know a soul who says, "Clemson did Brandon wrong. I'm taking my allegiance to wherever he goes next." This ain't NASCAR.

I think the majority of Clemson fans puts at least a portion of the blame on him for the losses and poor performance in the wins. Nothing he could say would change that. And if he could come out and say something that would put him in the good graces of fans...

it would probably be a shot at Dabo. When you do that crap, getting your next job won't always go well because anyone who would consider you is going to have concerns about your loyalty. And saving face by blaming someone else won't earn you a million dollars next year.

That's honestly what it comes down to. He wasn't worth the million Clemson spent on him. Here's hoping Riley is worth 2 mill.

Feb 8, 2023, 8:28 AM

I doubt he wopuld say anything. I suspect the package he gets comes with some type "don't make negative comments" thing in the wording

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't know who's decision it was to keep DJ in as long

Feb 8, 2023, 8:34 AM

as we did. Ultimately it's the head coach, but whoever kept him in, especially in the coot game, needs to be relieved of that decision making responsibility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2023, 9:22 AM

I've heard nothing.

He hitched his career at Clemson to DJ, and it failed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2023, 12:02 PM

Bingo. Streeter showed more promise as a playcaller than Goodwin but he failed to develop DJ. Playcalling got bland every game after you could visibly see DJ lose confidence. Definitely were playing to not lose all year. Glad to have Garrett Riley as the OC, shame Streeter didn't turnout the way Dabo envisioned but he's still got a bright future coaching despite what many Tnet fans believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Why does he have a bright future?

Feb 8, 2023, 3:50 PM

He seems like a nice guy, but what has he shown as an offensive coordinator at Clemson, Liberty, or Richmond to suggest that he has a bright future?

I’m not trying to be mean, but he was given a job he wasn’t qualified for, and he hasn’t done anything to warrant another school making him their OC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 8, 2023, 11:34 AM

There was most certainly an NDA signed.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2023, 1:22 PM

He’s probably in Thailand with Kingsberry.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic