»
Topic: Has it ever happened before?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Sep 18, 2021, 4:30 AM by: pointcove
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

Has it ever happened before?

[1]
Sep 17, 2021, 9:52 PM

Let’s say a safety gets called for targeting and ejected. Now the coach starts using the 2nd and 3rd string safety. At halftime, the ejected player swaps jerseys with the 3rd string player and continues to play the 2nd half. Obviously, you couldn’t do it for players that are very recognizable. Like someone with extremely long hair, tats…. Probably couldn’t be done with a QB or RB. Probably couldn’t be done with very high profile teams. But, at a small school with coaches that like to cheat, say Bobby Petrino at Missouri St, I could see it happening.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Re: Has it ever happened before?

[1]
Sep 17, 2021, 10:39 PM

Start putting a premium on recruiting twins. Even if one is horrible you make him a preferred WO. Voila!

flag link

I love this idea. I’m pulling for it to happen!

Sep 17, 2021, 10:50 PM

Not at Clemson, of course. But somewhere!

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Cobbox on Brad Brownell: “His only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 17, 2021, 11:19 PM

I don't care if it were high school; somebody would notice and the game would result in a forfeit!

flag link

Sep 17, 2021, 11:25 PM

That sound Bishop Sycamore-esque!

flag link

Sep 18, 2021, 12:03 AM

Way before my time, but heard stories about Woodruff HS HC Willie Varner doing that in the 70s/80s, playing 20yr+ old former players in the first half then switching there jerseys out with current players at half time In the locker room after they got a comfortable lead.

flag link

Who's getting the Skalski ink done

Sep 18, 2021, 1:15 AM

Venables or Patterson

flag link

Sep 18, 2021, 4:30 AM

I recall from many, many years ago a couple of high school assistant coaches, frustrated with their losing team, suited up and played a game. They won and resigned their jobs after the game.

flag link

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Louisville
FOR SALE: 2 Louisville tickets for sale (Section 241, Row U, Seats 17 and 18). Face value ($85 each) or best ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1191 people have read this post