Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has anyone watched the Pat McAfee Show version of the game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Has anyone watched the Pat McAfee Show version of the game?

Oct 2, 2022, 4:46 PM

I recorded the game and noticed that I have both the Fowler/Herbstreit announced game and the Pat McAfee Show version. Am wondering if it is worth a watch.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Has anyone watched the Pat McAfee Show version of the game?

Oct 2, 2022, 4:51 PM

I have not and based on his over hammed performances on Gameday I would not. ANy of him is much more than I need. I'd rather suffer through a Dez laugh track.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2022, 5:05 PM

I just found out that Pat's a wrestler--he really sounds like one, or a promoter.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 2, 2022, 4:51 PM

Pat has a lot of personality so probably a good watch. He picked NC State so probably humorous also

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2022, 5:06 PM

He's different, for sure.

--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 2, 2022, 5:23 PM

He was a kicker! Of course he’s different but, I personally like his off the cuff personality. Way better than Corso!

Oct 2, 2022, 5:29 PM

There really wasn't much analysis. It was the guys from his Youtube show raising money for the Jimmy V Foundation and Dabo's All In foundation.

For most of the 2nd Quarter they talked to Peyton Manning.

It was entertaining but not really focused on the actual game.

Pat likes old school wrestling and used to wrestle/do commentary for the WWE so he likes riling up the crowd. He kind of admitted to going heel on GameDay with CWilkins there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2022, 7:05 PM

I figured only reason he did was because of Corsica being absent

I watched it

Oct 2, 2022, 5:35 PM

He had about 6-8 other guys watching the game with him. One of those was AJ Hawk.

He had his friends divided into two groups. One pulling for Clemson and the other pulling for NC State.

He had a donation game set up where each 1st down was worth $500 and each score was worth $500. In the end the donations for NC State went to the Jimmy V foundation and the those for Clemson went to Dabo’s foundation. The total of the two was then donated to the Hurricane Ian relief effort via the Red Cross.

It was a little annoying hearing them talk all the time and the screen was split with a view of the guys in their gym and the game. The game
Was usually about 60% of the screen.

Also had guest video call ins with Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning.

I prefer the classic way of viewing the gamw

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah - couldn't stand it. Couldn't stand that hot........

Oct 2, 2022, 6:08 PM

dogging guy and his buddies on the show. I don't know what ABC/ESPN sees in him except they must think he's a big favorite of young people. To me he's nothing but a showoff loudmouth.

A little Pat goes a long way.

Oct 2, 2022, 6:11 PM

When he first started appearing on TV I found him funny. Now I find him annoying and irritating.

His schtick just isn't my cup of orange juice.

He's roughly equivalent to Steven A. Smith in my book.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2022, 6:27 PM

I had a misfortune of not realizing there were two separate broadcasts taking place. I set his version up to record and didn’t realize what was going on I sat down to the watch the recorded game that was at the end I’d the first quarter. I was pissed. I flipped over to the other broadcast with Fowler and Herbstreet and watched the whole game on their broadcast.
I can’t understand why anybody would ever watch a football game and listen to a bunch of dudes sitting around talking about the game. Give me professional broadcasters with actual game background noise any time.

Oct 2, 2022, 6:55 PM

I did same but replay tomorrow at 12 i think - set to record

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I can figure is ESPN is trying to bring in the younger

Oct 2, 2022, 6:46 PM

audience and not as hard-core college football fans. Other than that possibility, I don't get it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hack show, waste of time***

Oct 2, 2022, 6:48 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Was not good.***

Oct 2, 2022, 7:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

awful..no game-just talk***

Oct 2, 2022, 7:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2022, 7:56 PM

If you enjoy Pat’s daily show it’s fine. If you don’t you won’t like it. Mcafee isn’t for everybody. It’s not meant to be conventional game commentary. He did donate money to Dabo’s foundation and the Jimmy V foundation based on the teams’ performances.

Oct 3, 2022, 9:52 AM

Some of you don't seem to understand what the show is supposed to be. If you're a legit fan of either team that's playing, you shouldn't watch that broadcast. Same goes for the MNF Manning cast. They're going to have the game on, but it's there to help provide talking points about football related stuff rather than be followed and commented on play to play. If you're a football fan that's just tuning into a game where you don't really care about the outcome, these alternate broadcasts can be a welcome deviation from the normal stuff which can get quite boring at times.

Saw the highlights. I would like to hear his entire Peyton

Oct 3, 2022, 10:07 AM

interview because I find the Manning boys fascinating, but have not gotten around to it yet.

Just dudes watching the game and commenting but not particularly insightful or interesting. They had money on a bunch of stuff and I guess it was for charities.

Meh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic