Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has anyone here been on any SEC road-trips?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Has anyone here been on any SEC road-trips?

May 31, 2023, 8:40 AM

By virtue of dating a little gamechick right after school, we traveled to many SEC stadiums to see the coots play. I wanted them to lose every game, but it was pretty fun for sure. We drove from Greenville to these places:

Tennessee
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Kandy
Kentucky
Ole ####
Miss St

They were all cool placers steeped with tradition. Many of the fans on these road trips were obnoxious jerks, but the road trips were awesome! Plus the coots lost all of those games except Kandy, AND I got laid by a beautiful little blond coot chick, so yeah, these trips were awesome, and one of the coolest things was we could drive to them.

How many stadiums in the Big 10 are easy weekend drives? Any?

For this reason if not this reason alone, say yes to the SEShe and no to the B1G.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody cares, Stanley.***

May 31, 2023, 8:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What the heck man?***

May 31, 2023, 9:03 AM

You're fooling no one, Stanley aka Allorange247365***

May 31, 2023, 3:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s May/June. What else are we suppose to talk about?

May 31, 2023, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Nobody cares, Stanley.*** ]

I’ve been to Georgia and Tennessee. A Florida spring game.

I would love the road trips we get if we move to the SEC

That dude is a bit strange. Really an odd fetish with whoever Stanley is.***

May 31, 2023, 11:04 AM

Absolutely! We should join the SEC over the Big 10.***

May 31, 2023, 9:19 AM

Pics or it didn't happen***

May 31, 2023, 9:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately we didn’t bring our Polaroid.

May 31, 2023, 11:08 AM

She was a cheeleader at USuC in the 90’s. Short blond petite but round in the right places. She was fun, but she absolutely despised Clemson. I mean, I didn’t like her thaaat much lol. She sure did put the suc in USuC tho. Mmm mmm good, but I digress.

Go Tigers!

Re: Has anyone here been on any SEC road-trips?

May 31, 2023, 9:43 AM

Been to:

Knoxville (UTenn vs CootU - 1993; UTenn won by 52)
Tuscaloosa (UAla vs Clemson - 1977; bad loss for Clemson)
Auburn (Auburn vs. Clemson - 2010; Nick Fairley speared Kyle Parker; AU won by 3 in OT)
Athens (UGag vs. Clemson - 1994; CU lost 40-14 under the coaching of Tommy West)
Columbia (CootU - multiple years; all Clemson wins ... duh!)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

May 31, 2023, 10:04 AM

Knoxville, Athens, Columbia SC, and Auburn. All great game day environment. Neyland Stadium is the loudest place I've ever been - and there ain't a close second.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody cares, Stanley!***

May 31, 2023, 11:09 AM

Neyland is a neat setting but the stadium sucks dawg ballz

May 31, 2023, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Has anyone here been on any SEC road-trips? ]

Waaay too many seats and waaaay too crowded. Getting around in Neyland at halftime is a pain in the ####. Aisles in the erector set interiors are entirely too thin for 107k people. And it’s not nearly as loud as Clemson.

Neyland sits on a river with a bunch of boat fans coming in. That’s cool. The rest is waaay overrated, like much of the SEShe.

Re: Neyland is a neat setting but the stadium sucks dawg ballz

May 31, 2023, 2:02 PM

Well.....okay then.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweet list!***

May 31, 2023, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Has anyone here been on any SEC road-trips? ]

Only to Columbia.***

May 31, 2023, 9:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots and Mizzou aren’t real SEC teams, per se.***

May 31, 2023, 10:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I was gonna say,

May 31, 2023, 11:13 AM

(In the voice of Mike Hogwood): “And here we are folks, in the armpit of SC and the southeast, Columpia South Carolina, for a lnock down drag out slobberknocker in the roach between two SEShe juggernauts. Great fans great atmosphere and BoGo crack at halftime!! High flyin’ SEShe football coming at you, NEXT!”

Welp, USuC is a microcosm of SEC football

May 31, 2023, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Only to Columbia.*** ]

Crime, worn down warehouses, sex on the streets, crack and crack hos.. the list goes on and on. Once you see one SEShe school you’ve seen them all.

May 31, 2023, 9:52 AM

Only to GA. Been there a few times because my wife’s family are mostly dogs (she is the exception of course) and hope I don’t ever have to go again. Never been to a game in Cootlumbia and don’t have any plans to.

Would like to go to Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and TN. Vandy would be a fun trip just because it’s Nashville, but the game would be a no contest most years.

May 31, 2023, 10:17 AM

Been to Tigers @ UGA at night once; been to Tigers at Chicken U in Columbia like half a dozen times over the years. Also saw Auburn at Chicken U as well as UK at Chicken U.

May 31, 2023, 10:25 AM

I’ve been to all except Arkansas and Missouri. All were awesome trips. I highly recommend seeing games at each venue.

May 31, 2023, 10:27 AM

Been to Knoxville, Tuscaloosa, Auburn many times, Athens many times, the Roach many times. Best time was at Auburn I believe in 2016 when Watson beat them. That was a great day and night.

May 31, 2023, 10:28 AM

SCAR vs Tenn in 99 at Neyland during the infamous 0-11 season for the coots. Tenn won 30-7 but that was the quietest 100,000 I have ever been around. Maybe it was because it was against the winless coots.

UGA @ Sanford many times.

Athens 3 times***

May 31, 2023, 10:40 AM

Sorry for to hear that. Glad to see u made it out alive***

May 31, 2023, 11:18 AM

We won 2 of them. Those were grand***

May 31, 2023, 11:40 AM

May 31, 2023, 11:13 AM

College Station twice, once for the Capons vs Aggies and once for the Tigers vs Aggies. Great place to visit, a bit cultish, but overall a great time. Only other SEC road game has been to Columbia many times. Columbia sucks every time so it is consistent.

May 31, 2023, 11:39 AM

Clemson vs aTm twice
Auburn vs LSU
Auburn vs Vanderbilt

Multiple trips to Columbia SC for annual chicken kickin’

This is the biggest strike against Big Ten for me … inaccessible or unpleasant road venues

May 31, 2023, 5:32 PM

You'll get different experiences at other sites but there is no following equal to the SEC. Football is the religion over here and I would say the next domination is the Baptist faith. LOL!!! I'm telling you ...... you belong here.

May 31, 2023, 5:35 PM

Can't figure out how to edit the above post as it takes you to Tiger advertisements even though I click on the pencil. 'Denomination' is what I meant above.

Why does one follow a conference though?***

May 31, 2023, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Has anyone here been on any SEC road-trips? ]

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic