Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guys refuse to be developed anymore.....
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 4
| visibility 1802

Guys refuse to be developed anymore.....

Jun 12, 2024, 11:02 AM

.....I mean Coop believes he is going to go somewhere that will just give him a starting spot after only playing in 12 games as a redshift freshmen? I understand a guy like Amick doing it for big money, don't like it but understand it, but a guy like Coop is not a high dollar guy nor a sure fire starter. I'm not trying to bash a young man but it's weak thinking like that that makes me not care if a guy like him leaves. It's why I don't care about the portal in any sport bc all I see is a bunch of quiting "me" guys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guys refuse to be developed anymore.....

Jun 12, 2024, 11:44 AM

I just simply don’t understand these takes. Developing doesn’t get you exposure. Exposure gets you to the next level. Just because I’m number two at school x doesn’t mean I will be at school b. Just because someone is number 2 at school x doesn’t mean they are not professional league worthy. You have direct ties and emotion involved. They are simply playing the game to get to the next level. I don’t blame them at all for trying to better their life/ career in anyway. People in their jobs do the same thing every day.

I don't pretend to know anything about Coop's thinking, but looking at it

Jun 12, 2024, 11:19 AM

objectively, for him, this is what I see.

He was a REDSHIRT Freshman. That meant he has already invested two years in college baseball, even though he only used up one year of eligibility.

He only appeared in 12 games, and most of THOSE appearances were early in the season. As time went on, for whatever reasons, his playing time became less and less.

Like it or not, unlimited transfers appear to be here to stay. So, in his situation, if in HIS mind he is good enough to play college baseball, it is becoming clearer that his path to playing time is not at Clemson. We are not privy to such conversations, who knows, Coach Bakich may have even told him in not so many words that it might be in his best interest to move on, if he wanted to be an everyday starter. Not at all saying that is what happened, but I WOULD bet that those type conversations do take place, in football, basketball, and baseball.

I wish Cooper Blauser well, wherever his journey takes him. As for Clemson, I look at it in this fashion. He was not going to be a vital piece of the puzzle going forward, from all appearances. So, he has opened up a roster spot where Coach Bakich may be able to use the Transfer Portal and acquire a puzzle piece that DOES prove vital going forward. It could be a Win-Win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he wants to play somewhere crappy like Wofford or SCar.

Jun 12, 2024, 11:33 AM

He sees the writing on the wall, so go somewhere with not a great program.

Re: Guys refuse to be developed anymore.....

Jun 12, 2024, 1:33 PM

The kid has one chance to play college baseball in his life. That’s it. There are no do-overs…. He wants to play so he should go play…. No problem with it at all. Amick doing it for the money is what I DONT get. He had his spot. So I disagree with the entire sentiment of your post

Replies: 4
| visibility 1802
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next