Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great copy pasta from a nurse
General Boards - COVID
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Great copy pasta from a nurse

Oct 13, 2021, 10:15 AM

I work in a top 5 hospital in the country, fairly large city. I am part of internal travel group who goes from where we are needed.

My base is main, city hospital, but recently more and more go out to the rural. It is the same exact picture be it the good old boys with miller lite and raggedy ### truck or a hood gangbanger with a pistol in his belt.

Nobody is vaccinated. All come in expecting some miracle. First denial. No it ain’t COVID, I ate something weird, I drank something bad, no I got this weird ### cold.

If they are healthy enough with good vital signs they are sent home. A lot of them come back within 48 hours expecting for some miracle medication, which does not exist.

Some come in already sick. 25 year old with a pulse ox of 62% on room air, walked in the other day. He had to be admitted, as only high flow would work on him. A diabetic patient in his 40s came in with half the organs basically shutting down. Over and over again, same ####### picture.

Anti vaccine people come in while been tested positive, agreeable to stay. One screamed that she wanted the dewormer and high levels of vitamin C. Refused to keep oxygen on, refused any of the other meds. She was dead within a week. Young mother of 2.

What’s mind numbing just the other month had 85 year old, stroke patient from SNF, who did have vaccine. They lived. The young ones with no vaccine at least for my hospital have what seems a unnecessarily* high level of mortality.

(After some critique, I decided to change 98 percent to high. Not trying to mislead anyone. How I came with 98%? I have good report with a lot of ICU nurses who also float around the system. Check on people who left impression or cut deeper than others. Consistently most of people who end in ICU, stay there).

#### these people. #### these people for what they put themselves through, for what they put through their families and #### them for psychologically ####### up fellow nurses, doctors, respiratory techs, and others who will forever hear the gurgling, wet Covid cough, gasping for air speech, alarms of desatting, and hearing overhead codes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Facebook LOL***

Oct 13, 2021, 10:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Memaw's friends daughter posted this, SO TRUE!!"***

Oct 13, 2021, 10:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I don't have a post to make

Oct 13, 2021, 10:31 AM

But I've had the same conversation with my neighbor. He's an ICU doc at Lexington. Actually, he isn't, he's a geriatric doc who works nursing homes, who had to go work in the ICU at Lexington because they were full of positive PCR tests, who somehow couldn't breathe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like they're short staffed, considering I don't

Oct 13, 2021, 10:48 AM

see where Lexington ever reached full capacity. Also looks like it peaked in August and has tapered off since. Certainly sounds like a lot of those people had comorbidities that would have made getting the vaccine a good choice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, coach did you have Comirarty or Spikevax?***

Oct 13, 2021, 10:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She sounds racist***

Oct 13, 2021, 10:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aren't like 80% of adults vaccinated?

Oct 13, 2021, 10:29 AM

Think these nurses may just need to suck it up for a few more months.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Not around here.

Oct 14, 2021, 7:02 AM

not even close. Last I saw SC just crossed the 50% level for fully vaccinated, NC is a little ahead and Georgia a little behind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aren't like 80% of adults vaccinated?

Oct 14, 2021, 7:06 AM [ in reply to Aren't like 80% of adults vaccinated? ]

56% of Americans are fully vaccinated supposedly.

I came here for pasta but only got bologna***

Oct 13, 2021, 10:31 AM

Re: Great copy pasta from a nurse

Oct 13, 2021, 10:33 AM

“Nobody is vaccinated”. Yeah ok.

Oct 13, 2021, 1:09 PM

I can understand the frustration of this nurse, but so much of what ends up in the hospital has always been secondary to bad choices. People smoke, drink and eat to excess, drive too fast, don't exercise enough and engage in risky behaviors.

Hopefully she doesn't have the same scorn for these folks as she does for those with COVID who weren't vaxxed.

I do understand the frustration, but she's burned out and needs to take a step back and provide nursing without judgment. People are sick and need care whether their decisions led them to the hospital or not.

This is a classic case of burn out when a health care provider has antipathy towards the patient.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know what would stop a lot of that sickness

Oct 13, 2021, 1:13 PM

that she's dealing with?

the vax

I like your funny words magic man

Re: You know what would stop a lot of that sickness

Oct 13, 2021, 1:30 PM

Thanks. Brilliant. That solution totally escaped me.

My point is- this nurse is burned out and needs time away to recalibrate.

Of course, getting more folks vaxxed would help.

Re: You know what would stop a lot of that sickness

Oct 13, 2021, 2:58 PM

Your points are well taken and yes, the nurse needs to take a break. It’s very true that a lot of what ends up in the ER is from years of bad choices or a spontaneous “what this” moment.

Oct 14, 2021, 8:45 AM

when will china be punished for making the world sick again?!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2021, 11:25 AM

If it can ever be proven that China was negligent in the operations at the Wuhan lab and that the virus escaped from there, there should certainly be financial consequences.

However, we’ll never no for sure based on China’s refusal to allow a thorough investigation. Sucks!

Oct 14, 2021, 1:29 PM

Oct 14, 2021, 2:28 PM

So, by your reasoning you do realize penicillin is horse medicine right?

What does penicillin have to do with anything?

Oct 14, 2021, 3:16 PM

Have you gotten your vaccine yet?

Re: What does penicillin have to do with anything?

Oct 14, 2021, 3:21 PM

You suggested by your post that Ivermectin is only a horse med. By that logic penicillin is a horse med because it’s another med used in humans and animals as Ivermectin is.

Comparing an antibiotic to something used to kill parasites

Oct 14, 2021, 3:44 PM

Same goes to propping it up as a way to fight a virus over the actual vaccine made and proven to combat the effects of the virus.

Re: Comparing an antibiotic to something used to kill parasites***

Oct 14, 2021, 3:56 PM

Re: Comparing an antibiotic to something used to kill parasites

Oct 14, 2021, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Comparing an antibiotic to something used to kill parasites ]

Comparing an antibiotic to something used to kill parasites? That’s what you think my point is? Ok.

You don't have a point, that's your problem***

Oct 14, 2021, 4:05 PM

Re: You don't have a point, that's your problem***

Oct 14, 2021, 4:38 PM

Ok I’ll be very respectful and give it a shot. Meds can have multiple uses outside of the known or common usage. Yes, Ivermectin is used to treat parasites but is also effective with certain viral infections. You may be familiar with the common acid reflux drug Zantac. Zantac can also be an effective antihistamine. We frequently gave it in the ER for that purpose and yes, people would often say “why are you giving me a reflux medicine?”
Also, just because a med is used in both humans and animals it does not make the drug an “animal drug”. Ivermectin is a safe drug used in humans for around 40 years. Many doctors are claiming to treat Covid successfully with Ivermectim so my question is why not use it? I’m not saying don’t get the vaccine. I’m saying what’s the harm in using Ivermectin as an additional weapon in the fight. The answer is there is no harm! Tylenol kills hundreds of people each year whereas Ivermectim deaths almost as nonexistent as we can get. If your family member was in the hospital and I said what the heck let’s give pops a Tylenol. Would you object ? Of course not. So, why would anyone object to a drug hundreds of times safer than Tylenol? It makes absolutely no sense.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
General Boards - COVID
add New Topic