Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good read on Sam Saunders travails with golf (link). I did
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Good read on Sam Saunders travails with golf (link). I did

Mar 30, 2023, 10:44 AM

not know about his ski accident.

https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/article/news/tour-insider/2023/03/23/recovered-from-skiing-accident-sam-saunders-energized-to-chase-tour-return

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sam is a great guy, seems like. But, in general, if you need

Mar 30, 2023, 11:06 AM

your body to be in peak shape to make a living, as is certainly the case in being a professional golfer, you need to also use your mind, and realize that there are some hobbies, like snow skiing, or one wheel scooter riding (?), which are probably better left to other people?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are entitled to your opinion . . .

Mar 30, 2023, 1:51 PM

but I see things differently for Sam. He does NOT depend on his Golfing Career to support his family. Because of his standing within the Arnold Palmer Organization, he doesn’t have to “Tee It Up” ever again.

He has two children, ages 14 and 9. He is being a a dad. A dad that is involved with his kids’ interest. He is doing what is best for building memories for his family. I pray he never stops “playing” with his children . . . Age will take that away from all of us eventually.

We see things differently . . . there is no right or wrong . . . but I see it from another perspective.

Thanks for sharing the article . . . It was a nice refresher!

Here’s my favorite article on Sam . . . It was written in 2019 . . . Warning - it’s long:
https://www.pgatour.com/article/news/long-form/2019/03/120/a-path-all-his-own-sam-saunders

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good read on Sam Saunders travails with golf (link). I did

Mar 30, 2023, 1:16 PM

Should probably take up less risky sports like bungy jumping and sky diving. My wife would've put the hammer down after a skate boarding injury. Hope he can make it back to join the other Tigers on tour.

Message was edited by: BerlinSPY73®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Re: Good read on Sam Saunders travails with golf (link). I did

Mar 30, 2023, 1:30 PM

So proud of him persevering through the physical side but the mental side as well. Everything happened for a reason. When he first broke onto the tour, he tended to let a bad hole carry throughout the round. Now he doesn't.

Thanks for posting this article.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic