Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Good coaches

Mar 23, 2023, 11:44 PM

Win games like that

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Coaches also see the uphill battle to win consistently

Mar 23, 2023, 11:46 PM

here and take other jobs

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Coaches also see the uphill battle to win consistently

Mar 24, 2023, 12:46 AM

So we agree Brad is not a good coach since he hasn’t taken another job.

I don't think that was his point, but knows winning

Mar 24, 2023, 1:10 AM

is a criteria for keeping said job,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Coaches also see the uphill battle to win consistently

Mar 25, 2023, 1:44 AM [ in reply to Good Coaches also see the uphill battle to win consistently ]

We could only hope?

If 23 wins and 10 straight winning seasons

Mar 24, 2023, 1:00 AM

Isn’t good enough for you, I can’t help you. The drum is now dust y’all have beat it so much. It is really childish.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If 23 wins and 10 straight winning seasons

Mar 24, 2023, 5:27 AM

Winning in the 7th ranked conference based on RPI. Not even the last ranked P5 conference and because we had record wins in conference, you are actually happy? You are happy with CBB?

You wont hear me badmouth CBB as a person, mentor of Clemson but he is not the answer to our bball program. I think I could be friends and drink a beverage witb CBB, but he needs to not lead Clemson bball any longer!

Seems like the persons that are still pro CBB are the people that haven't realized that the ACC is not even competitive nationally now. They remember the old ACC and think a conference wim is a huge accomplishment. We couldn't beat Virginia and Furman did so with ease. We lost to Moorehead and they got spanked by 18 by AUB few day later.

Clemson team was probably a NCAAT team, but their coaching held them back. Up by 15 and still lose to Moorehead.

I understand blind fandom for Clemson because any time they compete, I will 1p0% pull for the team and the players. But at this point, Clemson is cheating the players by not demanding a better product on the court. CBB gets out-coached every sing time we play a game with meaning. He is horrible game planner, he is exceptionally bad at motivation, has zero student fandom with his dry personality,, and his in-game adjustments never work as he always loses large leads. Just like when he lost a 20pt lead to Oakland that would have moved the team.

Clemson deserves better and I can't let my blind fandom promote or pretend CBB is the answer. He will be fired next year! Question is why wait? Why are you so defensive when CBB staying another year is only holding back the growth of another coach potentially changing the culture.

Tell me Brad isn't gone next year!! And if you think he is, then why not do it now?? This is my biggest gripe! Postponing the inevitable!

Mar 24, 2023, 7:12 AM

100%. You get it.
What I really don’t understand is the blind devotion that a few posters continue to have regarding Brad. Why? After 13 years, he has done nothing to warrant this support. He recruits poorly, does not coach big boy basketball (inside - out), simply shoots 3s, no rebounder, enforcer, post driven offense, rim protector, he does not develop players, he is forced to rent other teams rejects for a year - thus not growing together, he has never won anything. His claim to fame is finishing 3rd in the worst ACC year on record. 3rd!!!!!! Losing again in the not invited tournament to a team we should never lose to.
Why do they want to keep him and fight about it? Are they related to Brad? Do they work for him? Are they coots and simply acting out?
There is simply no justification that can be made to support him staying. It appears he will be here for the next year - no idea why Neff would do that - maybe a coconut dropped on his head.
One of life’s mysteries.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2023, 7:08 AM [ in reply to If 23 wins and 10 straight winning seasons ]

Yeah, see, I don't consider 16-15 (twice), 17-16 (twice), 17-14, and 16-8 (COVID year) good seasons. While technically above .500, most of those "winning seasons" were distinct losers in ACC play (like 8-10, 6-12, 9-9, 9-11, 8-12). Meanwhile, in the "better" years, when some sort of post-season play was achieved, we had 3 embarrassing first-round losses (NIT Oakland, NIT Morehead St., and NCAA Rutgers).

In short CBB has basically 2 highlights to his Clemson career: a Sweet 16 trip 5 years ago (which was, of course, followed by a another disappointing T-8th ACC finish the next year), and breaking the 0-59 streak at UNC (we're now 1-60).

Getting fattened up on cupcakes (but still losing to some of them) is no way to rate a season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic