Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Game made me think of my Aunt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Game made me think of my Aunt

Jan 28, 2023, 8:42 PM

She passed away last year in her 80s but loved Clemson and really loved Clemson basketball. She knew all the stats, knew when we had the “bad” refs (Wurtz, and can’t remember others now).

In later years, her nerves wouldn’t allow her to watch them. Lol. Seemed we always lost the close games. She would record all the games, check the score, and then decide if she would watch! Lol

Several years ago she was in hospital (can’t recall why) but it was during middle of basketball season. All of a sudden her bo and heart rate went way high and nurses come running to her room to discover she was watching a UVA CU game that was way too close! Lol. I think we won by one.

At about 2-3 minutes left I couldn’t take game! Set recorded, turned it off and watched Tigernet to see if I should watch recording!! Took forever for that game to finish! Lol

I had heart surgery a few years back. CU games always make my heart race! In fact, I started having chest pains during football season and family thought I was nuts. Went to doctor. Heart cath and a few days later triple bypass. Clemson football saved me! Lol

Sorry so long. Just a fun memory!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the story it’s what binds us as fans

Jan 28, 2023, 9:12 PM

My mom wouldn’t watch football games becomes sometimes the team would “get over confident” and “act silly” and lose games. Clemson never lost a game to a better team; she just had that much faith in her tigers.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic