Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fyi.. learned the hardway. Charter Internet and amazon firestick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Fyi.. learned the hardway. Charter Internet and amazon firestick

Aug 16, 2016, 8:15 AM

Do not play well together. Do not buy the firestick if you have charter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Fyi.. learned the hardway. Charter Internet and amazon firestick

Aug 16, 2016, 8:16 AM

Have you tried something else that works better?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can use charter on the go on my phone and tablets

Aug 16, 2016, 8:24 AM

And stream to the firestick.

I managed to get espn on the go app directly on the firestick but that was it. Charter spectrum app and the individuals [ Disney, nick, discovery, history ..etc] are not possible unless you side load and then you need a special mouse/remote control to use.

I haven't tried, but per my digging; Suposedly charter spectrum app works with Amazon firetv and roku.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I can use charter on the go on my phone and tablets

Aug 16, 2016, 8:32 AM

Got it. I have a Roku and Comcast and everything seems to work fine. I was considering a firestick for my other tv. I have a friend who has Internet through at&t and he said the firestick works fine for him.

I will hold off on the firestick for now.

Comcast was listed as a provider for espn and disney

Aug 16, 2016, 10:31 AM

I imagine it would be for the others..so you should be ok.

Heck..I think I even saw northland cable on there which I think is the providerived in little old Central.

I ended up going with the Fire Stick over Roku 4

Aug 16, 2016, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I can use charter on the go on my phone and tablets ]

Not sure which is better, but saved $30 with the Amazon Fire Stick Box (needed 4K) versus the Roku 4 Box. I have AT&T for internet, subscribed to SONY Vue and have zero complaints.

Vue is much better than Sling TV. I have access to both ESPN Go and Fox Sports Go, now, just need something for local channels. I was thinking about getting a digital TV antenna and need to figure out the best option; living in Greenville, SC I must have one that will pick up ABC (furthest distance from home), mostly.

Works fine at my parent's house.

Aug 16, 2016, 10:33 AM

Internet is Internet. If there's a compatibility issue, then it's more than likely with your router settings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have charter Internet and you gave charter spectrum app ON

Aug 16, 2016, 12:49 PM

Your firestick? Not streaming th brought a phone but actally on the stick?

You have installed and use Disney. Discovery, History,..etc apps ON your firestick?

Internet is Internet but internet providers are not internet providers...

no to the spectrum app, yes to disney and history.***

Aug 16, 2016, 12:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll try disney and history again when i get home.***

Aug 16, 2016, 1:23 PM

Have Charter. Firestick in living room, Roku in bedroom

Aug 16, 2016, 12:01 PM

No issues with either.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you have chsrter spectrums app or

Aug 16, 2016, 12:53 PM

Any tv app (other than espn) INSTALLED On your firestick?

Amazon's own site says the stick is not compatability with charter spectrum and when you try to install the network apps individually, charter is not listed as a provider.

I'm curious to how you got around this?

Re: And you have chsrter spectrums app or

Aug 16, 2016, 12:59 PM

Well, I've only got one app on it installed that I solely use the firestick for - Kodi. The stick is plugged into my tv and I simply just boot it up, click on Kodi and I'm off to TV, sports or movie enjoyment.

Hmmm.. I wonder if I can get the individual network apps through

Aug 16, 2016, 1:22 PM

Kodis platform.

I'll try when I get home.

Mine works great together

Aug 16, 2016, 12:50 PM

I have both and works great - just watched Legend of Tarzan on my firestick last night via my charter internet.

I have Charter and Firestick.

Aug 16, 2016, 12:52 PM

I hate Charter as a company, but I use 3 Firesticks for all my TV. No problems with Watch ESPN, Kodi, Amazon Prime, Netflix, or HBO Go. All work great.

I found the work around for espn and hbo

Aug 16, 2016, 12:55 PM

Try Disney. Hidtory, charter spectrum, discovery, Channel. Amc, scifi...etc...

I have Roku3 and Roku Stick on 2 tv's.

Aug 16, 2016, 3:07 PM

Both work excellent. Couldn't be better.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic